U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite fast food place?
McDonalds 7 9.33%
Taco Bell 8 10.67%
Burger King 5 6.67%
Carls Jr. 4 5.33%
In-N-Out 11 14.67%
El Pollo Loco 1 1.33%
Jack In The Box 1 1.33%
Del Taco 1 1.33%
Wendy's 12 16.00%
Other 25 33.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:58 AM

33,533 posts, read 41,714,237 times

Advertisements

If I'm out and about at lunch time, I only want something small and cheap. My favorites are between $1.29 and $1.79. A Mc Chicken or double cheeseburger from MacDonald's, or a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's. I used to get the little chicken sliders (Chicken Snacks?)from KFC, but I'm not sure they have them any more, except for a meal of 4 of them, which is more than I want.
It has become like a game. How cheap can I get something fairly healthful and decent? The winner so far was a McChicken (you could actually see the lettuce) and a large unsweetened tea for $2.14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 12:19 PM

49,703 posts, read 49,166,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Lord yes, they are all over the south. I have several locations near me. It don't even taste like fast food, love me some rice and mac & cheese and don't forget the biscuits!
Oh I remember the biscuits!

I'll have to go south one of these days. I'm in Jersey. It's not that far. ("Um, I'm taking a vacation to North Carolina." "Great, what are you going to see?" "Doesn't matter. I just want some Bojangles chicken and biscuits, so I'm going to find a town that has one.")

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE. I just looked at the Bojangles site. This is not going to be that difficult. There are some in Maryland and the town names are familiar--I visit a friend in Arlington VA a couple of times a year and have to drive through Maryland to get there. I could plan a stop for food...plus there are some in Virginia, and surely at least one has to be within shot of Arlington.

There's even one in Reading, PA.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:53 PM

748 posts, read 1,337,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh I remember the biscuits!

I'll have to go south one of these days. I'm in Jersey. It's not that far. ("Um, I'm taking a vacation to North Carolina." "Great, what are you going to see?" "Doesn't matter. I just want some Bojangles chicken and biscuits, so I'm going to find a town that has one.")

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE. I just looked at the Bojangles site. This is not going to be that difficult. There are some in Maryland and the town names are familiar--I visit a friend in Arlington VA a couple of times a year and have to drive through Maryland to get there. I could plan a stop for food...plus there are some in Virginia, and surely at least one has to be within shot of Arlington.

There's even one in Reading, PA.
Yeah they are all over, it won't be hard to find at least one. I know here in Myrtle Beach they are everywhere. I know of at least three close to where I live. Charlotte NC? Shoot they named an arena after Bojangles...Bojangles Coliseum. I just went and ate there last night, got me some of that good rice and mac & cheese and of course a good buttered biscuit! Yummy! When you come South you wont have a problem finding one, but it seems you already won't have a problem.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM

10,188 posts, read 11,320,236 times
There's no fast food places close to me, but I do like A&W Root Beer and their Papa Burger which is 60 miles away.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:35 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,372,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
I eat at Wendy's every once in a while. That is pretty much the only fast food place I ever go to, and not very often because it's expensive for what it is.
Wendy's is also my go-to for that once-every-couple-months emergency meal. It'll do. And I think the new pretzel roll burgers are good for what they are - fairly tasty fast food.

I made the mistake of going to McD's a couple nights ago as it was nearing 10pm and I still hadn't had dinner and Wendy's was inconvenient. Hadn't done McD's in awhile. The burger wasn't awful (one of the new 1/4 lb options) but the fries... horrible. And bought a vanilla shake for dessert. I don't know what's in there, but if there's a flavor called "poor imitation flavoring", I imagine that's at the top of the ingredient list.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:51 AM

15 posts, read 10,726 times
For me, if it has to be fast food (which I really really try to avoid) I go with KFC.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:39 PM

4,094 posts, read 1,921,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I like Dunkin Donuts, because I like their coffee, and I'm usually passing one in the late morning when I want a breakfast sandwich and it's too late to get one at other places.
This being said, I've tried 3-4 different ones there and they are all so bland. It is like they designed them so children would like them. The one I like the best is a #4, which is a croissant, cheese, sausage and egg sandwich. It is still blah.
Is it me?
Is Dunkin' Doughnuts a fast food restaurant at all?

Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,372,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
I eat at Wendy's every once in a while. That is pretty much the only fast food place I ever go to, and not very often because it's expensive for what it is.
I go for fast food maybe once a month. It was usually Wendy's before, but now with the pretzel roll bacon cheeseburger, there's no need to even think about the others.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:54 AM

68,178 posts, read 78,063,406 times
We did stop for an Arby's the other day: we got the 2 for $6 French dips: I will never go back I don't think. Of course I have said that before, but spoiled brat usually gets his way. It was bland and the juice was totally tasteless. The curly fries were ok, but I don't eat fries that often. At least it was cheap and the employees were friendly.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 AM

6,188 posts, read 9,376,075 times
Gosh there are so many. I haven't tried In-N-Out yet but my favorite fast food for now is Wendy's. I've pretty much always been a fan but I really became obsessed when they changed the burgers after 25 years to real unfrozen beef and made the burgers bigger and juicier with red onions. Omg - talk about mouth watering. They are really good. Chick-Fil-A is another favorite of mine. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink