U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite fast food place?
McDonalds 7 9.33%
Taco Bell 8 10.67%
Burger King 5 6.67%
Carls Jr. 4 5.33%
In-N-Out 11 14.67%
El Pollo Loco 1 1.33%
Jack In The Box 1 1.33%
Del Taco 1 1.33%
Wendy's 12 16.00%
Other 25 33.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 10:05 PM

35,550 posts, read 38,426,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
I'm dying to try this place! They've been advertising in Philly for three years, yet there are none in the area. The commercial with Paris Hilton and the other blonde REALLY piqued my interest.
Do you have Hardees? Same company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 PM

2,064 posts, read 5,151,468 times
Chick-fil-A

Old 01-05-2015, 10:16 PM

4,239 posts, read 2,509,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Jack In The Box

Varied selection, entire menu (i.e. breakfast and lunch) available at any time.
Now that I've tried them and have 'em in my area (and mostly due to having moved to the west coast), this'd be my pick. They've got burgers, decent salads, pitas, rice bowls, breakfast all day.

My 2nd choice would've been Del Taco as they also have burgers and Fresca Bowls (rice, beans, meat, some veggies, but this appears to be a limited time thing), but I'd probably prefer to go less heavy on the selection of Mexican items for the span on one week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The lack of selection, in my opinion is what makes them so much better than standard burgers. They have never changed thier menu except for the few special burgers they do not advertise; they do everything fresh from scratch daily and they keep it simple. Shall we say, they do what they do best.
I passed by several on my move to the west coast. They're on my "to eat" list for sure. Need to drive an hour or so to get to one is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
On the other hand, in my opinion Sonic has gone down hill so much and the reason, they just keep adding new menu items. To them it seems to be quanity instead of quality.
Had a Little Chickie and French toast breakfast sandwich. I liked Sonic, but that time, I got sucked in by the novelty. The former is just a hot dog, but replace the hot dog with a chicken finger. The latter isn't that much more different then the McGriddles breakfast sandwhich at McDonalds. Sure, Sonic has better quality, but it's evolutionary, NOT revolutionary. Many of their burgers are the same way. Good, but depending on what the competition is, I can take it or leave it.

Last edited by ackmondual; 01-05-2015 at 10:26 PM..

Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 PM

25,631 posts, read 28,632,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
In N Out is okay for fast food but not as good as they used to be.
When I order the double double cheeseuburger a lot of times it would be dried out
as if it had been sitting around for few days. Or like it had been frozen and heated up in a microwave.
Their burgers don't taste fresh anymore.

However, their coffee tastes amazing.
Much better than watery Starbucks coffee.
You can watch your food being made fresh. Nothing is ever frozen, well except for the milk shakes.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 PM

3,803 posts, read 3,018,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You can watch your food being made fresh. Nothing is ever frozen, well except for the milk shakes.
That's what I liked about In N Out. Fresh food, fresh ingredients and I like to eat healthy
(as healthy as a burger can be).

Maybe it was just the particular branch I used to frequent. The quality was spotty.
Sometimes I would get a nice juicy burger, but the next time it would be dry and stale.
I never cared for their fries though, which always tasted dry and stale to me.

Every time I went there it would be jam-packed. Have you ever seen any other fast food place with double lane
drive thrus? And every time I went there both lanes were completely filled with cars. I think they need to open up a third lane. I would have visited more often if not for the ridiculous waiting times. That I dont live in CA anymore. I imagine it must be pretty hard to keep quality consistently high with their tremendous volume of customers.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:35 PM

28,186 posts, read 15,659,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Chick-Fil-A. The service is fast and courteous, their chicken sandwiches are great, their unsweetened iced tea is addictive, and who can resist their waffle fries?
I wholeheartedly agree with Chick-Fil-A. I usually get the original chicken sandwich combo meal with waffle fries and sweet iced tea. They used to have the carrot and raisin salad which I would get in place of the fries but they removed it from the menu.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:40 PM

28,186 posts, read 15,659,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
I'm dying to try this place! They've been advertising in Philly for three years, yet there are none in the area. The commercial with Paris Hilton and the other blonde REALLY piqued my interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Do you have Hardees? Same company.
From looking at the Hardee's website, it looks like your closest restaurant is in Bear, Delaware. I'm not sure how far away that is from you but looking at the map, it doesn't seem too far.

We have Carl's Jr. here on the West Coast and I like their food, too.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:00 AM

10,320 posts, read 6,219,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Cook out in the Carolinas
Oooo... If I choose Cookout does that mean they have to come build one by me?

Cheeseburger tray with fries and a chicken wrap as my sides and an Oreo mint shake to drink.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:56 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,315,111 times
jacknthecrack or popeyes

Old 01-06-2015, 04:23 AM

68,158 posts, read 78,031,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
That's what I liked about In N Out. Fresh food, fresh ingredients and I like to eat healthy
(as healthy as a burger can be).

Maybe it was just the particular branch I used to frequent. The quality was spotty.
Sometimes I would get a nice juicy burger, but the next time it would be dry and stale.
I never cared for their fries though, which always tasted dry and stale to me.

Every time I went there it would be jam-packed. Have you ever seen any other fast food place with double lane
drive thrus? And every time I went there both lanes were completely filled with cars. I think they need to open up a third lane. I would have visited more often if not for the ridiculous waiting times. That I dont live in CA anymore. I imagine it must be pretty hard to keep quality consistently high with their tremendous volume of customers.
I am amazed to hear you say, you visited one that was spotty at best. I can understand the burgers being a little different from time to time. I have never had one that is dry and have eaten In n Out for 60 years. I do not always like their fries unless they are really hot, but I think the long lines should tell you something. They have the restaurants all over CA and still they are packed. The ones in Vegas are just as busy and they say the same about Texas. As far as I am concerned and we all know food is subjective, there isn't a fast food burger that is consistantly as good as In and Out for the money: remember we are talking fast food and under $2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink