U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite fast food place?
McDonalds 7 9.33%
Taco Bell 8 10.67%
Burger King 5 6.67%
Carls Jr. 4 5.33%
In-N-Out 11 14.67%
El Pollo Loco 1 1.33%
Jack In The Box 1 1.33%
Del Taco 1 1.33%
Wendy's 12 16.00%
Other 25 33.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 PM

2,278 posts, read 2,099,620 times

Advertisements

Chipotle and Taco Bell. (Yes, I said Taco Bell.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 02:35 AM

5,945 posts, read 12,702,333 times
The hubby and kids love Chipotle. I'm not really big on fast food, but I do love the drive-thru coffee and tea shacks/places. I don't like Dutch Bros., though, it's worse than Starbuck's even and that's saying a lot because Starbuck's is pretty darn disgusting...

Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 AM

16,313 posts, read 12,562,442 times
Taco Bell, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Bud's Chicken & Seafood (local), Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Wendy's, Arby's......Jack in the Box and Hardee's, but we don't have them here. Checkers (Rally) for their shakes & burgers.
Those are my favorite.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:29 AM

2,638 posts, read 10,474,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Chipotle and Taco Bell. (Yes, I said Taco Bell.)
Taco Bell is the fast food everyone loves to hate but I do enjoy it now and then. It is quick and you can get a filling meal on the go, for a price most people could easily scrounge out of their seat cushions. Maybe part of it is nostalgia from doing just that as a student. I know their tacos are not as good as the ones I get at a real restaurant (and I enjoy those, too) but there is something about the basic simplicity of a Taco Bell taco that I like - crunchy corn shell, a little mystery meat mixture, some lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. And I've always liked the pintos & cheese. It is nice when fast food places offer a side dish that isn't fried potatoes. Taco Bell also never bothers my digestive tract like everyone seems to complain? Maybe because I don't gorge myself on it - guys especially seem to get into silly contests with each other over who can eat the most Taco Bell, followed shortly by who can complain the most loudly about the consequences, lol.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Taco Bell is the fast food everyone loves to hate but I do enjoy it now and then. It is quick and you can get a filling meal on the go, for a price most people could easily scrounge out of their seat cushions. Maybe part of it is nostalgia from doing just that as a student. I know their tacos are not as good as the ones I get at a real restaurant (and I enjoy those, too) but there is something about the basic simplicity of a Taco Bell taco that I like - crunchy corn shell, a little mystery meat mixture, some lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. And I've always liked the pintos & cheese. It is nice when fast food places offer a side dish that isn't fried potatoes. Taco Bell also never bothers my digestive tract like everyone seems to complain? Maybe because I don't gorge myself on it - guys especially seem to get into silly contests with each other over who can eat the most Taco Bell, followed shortly by who can complain the most loudly about the consequences, lol.
LOL I never have but I could get into one of those silly taco eating challenges and win it! I'm not a gorger, either, but I do like Taco Bell that much. I always get the same thing, The Three Hard Shell Taco Supreme Meal with Mt. Dew. (Funny thing? I'm NOT a soft drink person either. I'll only have it at Taco Bell.)

Now that you mention it, I think the nostalgia is part of the reason I like it so much. When I was younger, I worked with a group of guys at a church and we often went to Taco Bell for lunch. Those were good times and I still think about those guys often, even these 25 years later. On the other hand, I really do like their meat. I like how finely it's ground and I love the spices.

But, today, I'm splurging. I don't eat out often anymore but yesterday I had a marathon day of cooking, canning and baking. Today, my fast food of choice is Punch Pizza. It's not really fast food, but the food is ready almost as quickly. BEST pizza in Minneapolis by a long shot!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:31 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,285,134 times
I like Taco Bell because I'm a vegetarian, and there are far more things I can get there than at any other FF restaurant.

At Subway I can get salad on a bun, or salad on a bun with a veggie patty, if they have it. Many do not. Same with BK.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
I like Taco Bell because I'm a vegetarian, and there are far more things I can get there than at any other FF restaurant.

At Subway I can get salad on a bun, or salad on a bun with a veggie patty, if they have it. Many do not. Same with BK.
If I were a vegetarian, I'd become the best possible home chef I could become because it's very difficult for vegetarians (and especially vegans) to get a thoughtfully prepared meal when they go out to eat. Most places just throw something together in order to say they're vegetarian friendly.

And the vegetarian restaurants that cater to vegetarians will charge exorbitant prices. (I have a huge beef with vegetarian, vegan and organic businesses gouging consumers in the name of greed while touting their "responsible habits" against everyone else's.)

Subway has always been a joke to me. (Salad on a bun is a GREAT description!) Their sandwiches are all bread because they're incredibly skimpy on the fillings. And the people who work there have never inspired confidence in me for cleanliness or caring about the food. (Obviously, that could be just where I live.)

Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM

4,117 posts, read 4,586,548 times
Qdoba!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,461,421 times
The DRIVE THRUS I use the most are PANDA EXPRESS, followed by MCD (coffee & breakfast). Runnerups are BILL MILLERS, JACK IN THE BOX, CHURCHES, WENDYS... I go to other fast food places that I prefer to order in person though.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:30 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,470,724 times
In n Out
Whataburger (breakfast taquitos!)
I miss Baja Fresh, I moved outta CA...
Carl's jr.

Forgot to add:
Jersey Mike's
Char-o-Chicken (When we visit the inlaws in Orange County)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink