Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 AM

50,068 posts, read 63,428,947 times

Advertisements

Whole milk, Greek yogurt is just as good as an ice cream cone, to me. I'm addicted to the coconut kind. However, I wouldn't pay more to buy non fat Greek yogurt. You all know if you strain the liquid out of regular yogurt, you get the same texture as Greek yogurt, right?
When I buy the big container of plain non fat yogurt, I put it into a strainer as soon as I get home from the store, let it drain for a few hours (about 2c of liquid comes out), then return the thick yogurt to the container.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,944,574 times
I can't get used to the Greek yogurt either. I just don't like it. Its a shame because it would be a great way to get the protein I need. I love regular yogurt however.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,130,492 times
I've been eating greek yogurt for years. I tried some of the "mix and go" individual cups and found them all to be atrocious. The fruit tastes too fake.

Get a container of plain greek yogurt and mix fresh fruit or jams into them. I've yet to find a more satisfying and filling breakfast than a (approx 4oz) bowl of greek yogurt with a spoonful of fresh apple butter or berries mixed in.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM

18,936 posts, read 11,535,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Get a container of plain greek yogurt and mix fresh fruit or jams into them.
That's what I often do, too - honey is the traditional add-on in Greece and it's so good (I'm not even a honey lover.) For some reason I can handle the blueberries pre-mixed but the idea of honey pre-mixed is ick.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 AM

41,764 posts, read 74,766,593 times
Yoplait and Dannon brands of Greek yogurt are nasty! Try Chobani, Fage (the best) or Stonyfield.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,630,510 times
People who eat this yogurt thing must have their head examined. It tastes like crap, nothing more. But some magazine told them it's healthy

I grew up eating "curd". Made the natural way. It's tastier and it's original

All ye Greeks can go get your little bailout package from Germany.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,130,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
People who eat this yogurt thing must have their head examined. It tastes like crap, nothing more. But some magazine told them it's healthy
I actually found it by accident when picking up a huge thing of plain yogurt.

Wasn't paying attention at 2am to what I was grabbing and ended up with a container of Chobani. When I realized it, I shrugged my shoulders, added my fruits (like I did with regular yogurt), and found that I enjoyed it. Didn't even realize that it was healthy until the third or fourth container.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I actually found it by accident when picking up a huge thing of plain yogurt.

Wasn't paying attention at 2am to what I was grabbing and ended up with a container of Chobani. When I realized it, I shrugged my shoulders, added my fruits (like I did with regular yogurt), and found that I enjoyed it. Didn't even realize that it was healthy until the third or fourth container.
I tried my best to eat every brand of yogurt out there for ages. It still does not do what curd does to me

Old 08-23-2011, 10:39 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,802,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

I grew up eating "curd". Made the natural way. It's tastier and it's original
Tastier in your opinion, of course.

Do you really think yogurt in Greece is not "made the natural way" and not "original"!?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Tastier in your opinion, of course.

Do you really think yogurt in Greece is not "made the natural way" and not "original"!?
I have no way of knowing. Never been to Greece, though it's on my list of places to go.

But I'm Greek sure the yogurt they stock up in the aisles close to my home, are not made in Greece and aren't made the natural Greek way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink