Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 09:45 AM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,321 times

Advertisements

Do the recall's of food cause you to think about buying the type of food that is being recalled, even if it is from another company?

For instance, ground meats.
Are you more or less likely to not buy another brand until the recall has calmed down or just go ahead and "trust" another brand

Me, I tend to really think about the general recall in that I might buy another item and wait to see if the problem is isolated or global?

HW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 07:26 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,840,588 times
I have not bought ground turkey since the first one, now no burger since the Kroger deal, now no turkey still... They say everything generic is a name brand, so I don't buy until I feel it's over...My meat choices are getting smaller....

Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Do the recall's of food cause you to think about buying the type of food that is being recalled, even if it is from another company?

For instance, ground meats.
Are you more or less likely to not buy another brand until the recall has calmed down or just go ahead and "trust" another brand

Me, I tend to really think about the general recall in that I might buy another item and wait to see if the problem is isolated or global?

HW.
it is the same company and they are trying to decide right now if they should shut down or what they should do.

No, it doesn't scare me, I just wouldn't buy from the company in question til I was sure things were safe. I brought ground turkey just the other day, we had it, so far no one has gotten sick and it was about 4 days ago.

Nita

Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,420,037 times
If it's a meat product that's in question I would most likely just buy another brand.
At least there is a chance you can kill the bacteria in question with proper cooking.
Produce is a different story though as most of it is consumed in a raw state, thats can be scary.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
If it's a meat product that's in question I would most likely just buy another brand.
At least there is a chance you can kill the bacteria in question with proper cooking.
Produce is a different story though as most of it is consumed in a raw state, thats can be scary.
you are right, it is hard to decide when it come to produce, do you just not buy the particular product until it is all reported safe or pulled or do you play it my ear...??

Nita

Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
Meat can be cleaned of toxins through extreme heat, not so much w raw foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink