Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:58 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,423,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
How is using technological advancements unnatural? No other species drinks the milk of a different species during infancy and after being weaned. Maybe, this is way we have all these strange diseases, allergies, and conditions.
No other species types posts into a forum using something called the Internet either.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:01 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,913,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
There are countless things that humans do that no other species does, it doesn't make them "unnatural". The fact is, milk from animals has nutritional content in it that is digestible, healthful, and usable by the human body. Thus, it is classified as food. As far as the few food items you could survive on, you could survive indefinitely and healthfully eating just avocados.

Why aren't you doing that, since it's obviously so unnecessary (your own words) to eat anything else?
I said it's unnecessary to drink cow's milk after being weaned. (my words). I don't believe that you can survive solely on avocados.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,321,025 times
It's also unnecessary to eat Twinkies, but many people do,

Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 AM

16,368 posts, read 30,102,520 times
C'mon folks. Don't feed the troll.

Generally, I don't drink milk, but this morning, I added some to my cereal.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 AM

16,894 posts, read 16,023,708 times
^^^^^ I agree with jlawrence01 ~ this is udderly useless.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:49 AM

2,755 posts, read 4,388,345 times
This milk "debate" still surprises/amuses me...

I drink non-fat milk because it is tasty and an easy way to get some nutrition. Can you really beat the protein content and calcium/vitamin D in such an easy to consume and reasonably priced package? For me, it is a normal part of dinner going back to childhood. I am grateful my Mom got me into this good habit.

There is a growing progressive movement that believes milk/dairy is dangerous and may be responsible for allergies and other illnesses. I think their concern is also linked with dislike of hormones and treatment of cows by the milk industry. I try to keep an open mind, as I have several vegan friends. But it does kinda **** me off when they look at me condescendingly, saying how easily I have been "brainwashed".... I find that these are my well-off progressive friends, who can afford the time and $$ to eat a vegan diet, which is challenging to buy/prepare/make tasty.

So I will wait for the data, published by respected scientists showing that milk is "bad" for me. Soy milk..... Are you kidding me? It is expensive and tastes bad. But hey that's just me.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,265,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
How is using technological advancements unnatural? No other species drinks the milk of a different species during infancy and after being weaned. Maybe, this is way we have all these strange diseases, allergies, and conditions.
Other species do drink milk of other species.
When an orphaned anything mammal's mamma dies or can't be found,
how many stories have we all read of another mammal species sustaining that animal with her milk.

Oh, and dairy is part of the food pyramid = milk. DUH!

I grew up on whole milk straight from the barn cooler. I know it was healthier back then than now. And it sure tastes better than store bought. And no comparison to 2%, 1% or "fat free". Or fat free 1/2 & 1/2 or heavy cream.
How can that be? It's the fat content that makes it what it is. That's like saying "fat free" butter. What?

(with a monicure like that=a legend in one's own mind, I fear.)

Last edited by Beretta; 09-24-2011 at 02:29 PM..

Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Can you really beat the protein content and calcium/vitamin D in such an easy to consume and reasonably priced package?
Of course not. This was the design of milk. It is the primary source of nutrition for infant to young mammals before they are able to digest other types of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
So I will wait for the data, published by respected scientists showing that milk is "bad" for me. Soy milk..... Are you kidding me? It is expensive and tastes bad. But hey that's just me.
In nyc, soy, rice, almond, and cow milk are pretty much the same in price.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:26 PM

16,894 posts, read 16,023,708 times
Milk is great!

Old 09-24-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
What a ninny!

Other species do drink milk of other species.
When an orphaned anything mammal's mamma dies or can't be found,
how many stories have we all read of another mammal species sustaining that animal with her milk.

Oh, and dairy is part of the food pyramid = milk. DUH!

I grew up on whole milk straight from the barn cooler. I know it was healthier back then than now. And it sure tastes better than store bought. And no comparison to 2%, 1% or "fat free". Or fat free 1/2 & 1/2 or heavy cream.
How can that be? It's the fat content that makes it what it is. That's like saying "fat free" butter. What?

(with a monicure like that=a legend in one's own mind, I fear.)
Those are usually rare cases and it's usually in zoos or involve domesticated animals. Does the animal continue to drink milk after being weaned?? I highly doubt it unless the animal is domesticated.

Dairy is big business ($$$). The question is should it be apart of the food pyramid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink