Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times

Advertisements

Had it twice now. Disliked it both times. I now opt for their Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger - still tastes more or less like the old burgers. At least to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 09:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I agree, interesting that they spent so much time on it, and it really is not that great.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,801,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
My first visit to a Wendy's was in Oregon in the mid 70's. Best burger I ever ate. The problem with Wendy's is their focus on value menus. You can't make a good burger for a buck or two. Get rid of the value menu and bring back quality - even if it means doubling the prices. People will line up around the block.
I agree. The food has gone downhill in the past couple of years. The quality of the beef and chicken is suspect. Costs have risen for chicken and beef in the supermarket yet pricing at Wendys is unable to move. It is obviously that they have substituted cheaper ingredients.

I used to like their burgers once in awhile. Now I won't eat there. Burger King is another fast food place that ruined their product. However, they started ruining it in the 90s. Their food is total garbage in my opinion.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, so I had the "new" burger yesterday. Tasted like a Whopper w/cheese to me. Too much mayo. No ketchup, no mustard. It was so-so, not even close to "5 guys".
I'm diggin the 5 guys.... they just recently came out to So cal.

I likem..... they are a bit more expensive then In and Out burger.

The beef tastes good.

To me, Wendy, McDonalds, Carls, BK all taste like "chains"

Not so much with the Fatburger, In and Out, and Five guys.

They seem to be on the next level from Micky D's.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM

170 posts, read 496,166 times
Wendy's used to be my favorite burger joint(tied with BK). Wendy's had the edge because their hamburgers always taste like fresh/real hamburger. I was a little sad&shocked/worried when I read about the change a couple of weeks ago. My first thought was this new burger is going to be Wendy's "New Coke"
I'm going to try it but I'm going to have to request they put mustard on it.I'm not from Texas but to me a burger isn't a burger without a good amount of classic yellow on it lol.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
When Wendy's decided to remake its 42-year-old hamburger, the chain agonized over every detail. A pickle chemist was consulted. Customers were quizzed on their lettuce knowledge. And executives went on a cross-country burger-eating tour for the Project Gold Hamburger.
The result? Dave's Hot `N Juicy!!
What's new?
In the end, Wendy's researchers changed everything but the ketchup. They switched to whole-fat mayonnaise, nixed the mustard, and cut down on the pickles and onions, all to emphasize the flavor of the beef. They also started storing the cheese at higher temperatures so it would melt better, a change that required federal approval.
They switched from white onions on its burgers to red and decided to go with crinkled pickles.
The burger - with extra cheese, a thicker beef patty, a buttered bun, and hold the mustard, among other changes - will be served in restaurants starting Monday.

... And early next year, it will introduce new chicken sandwiches.
One of the best things about Wendy's burgers is that they use iceberg lettuce and not leaf lettuce. Please tell me they haven't changed that! Please!

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM

187 posts, read 442,873 times
Would've been better if they switch to low-fat mayo..

But really, Wendy's is not that great anyway. Gimme Five guys for a decent burger.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 PM

12 posts, read 32,211 times
I tried the Dave's Hot 'N Juicy last week... mine was Cold "n Dry... major disappointment!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:35 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I had a Wendy's burger the other day; I haven't had one in years. It was hot, juicy, cheese melted, had the iceberg.

Isn't low fat mayo an oxymoron?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,215,635 times
I am looking forward to trying the new burgers. I have always liked Wendy's but usually just get their baked potato and side salad. Will report back when I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink