U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:41 AM

3,118 posts, read 3,248,422 times

Advertisements

has anyone else noticed that after reading post after post with the word "mustard" in it several times, it starts to look so weird? Like it's misspelled or something... maybe it's just me.
Anyway, I LOVE brown mustard from Trader Joe's. And I also have a kinda sweet/stone ground/seeded mustard from there as well that's fabulous, but it's not their brand and I don't remember which brand it is. We usually have some plain yellow as well, but I rarely use it. And, btw, I live not too far from the world famous "Mustard Museum".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 10:29 AM

866 posts, read 884,387 times
Right now there are only three in the fridge:
French's yellow
some off brand chili hot dog
and an off brand firehouse mustard.

I prefer a coarse brown mustard over all the others but will use whatever
there is available at the time. I'm not real picky... guess I'm not a foodie
but I do like to cook

Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,307 posts, read 11,242,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I love mustard. Spicy Chinese mustard that clears your head. Honey mustard, crunchy, coarse country mustard, Dijon, plain ole yellow...one whold shelf of my fridge has various mustards.

I cook with mustard, a spoonful in sauce, elevates any plain sauce to something extra ordinary. Tuna salad or egg salad without mustard? Forget it. I even make a quick salad dressing, using various mustards, whipped up with EVOO, and vinegar...did you know in Belguim, they serve Frites (fries) with mustard?

What is your fav?
Coarse brown mustard with horseradish, such as Plochmans. But I don't turn my nose up at ordinary French's Yellow either, it's great on hot dogs, hamburgers, and in egg salad.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:49 AM

7,902 posts, read 8,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I love mustard. Spicy Chinese mustard that clears your head. Honey mustard, crunchy, coarse country mustard, Dijon, plain ole yellow...one whold shelf of my fridge has various mustards.

I cook with mustard, a spoonful in sauce, elevates any plain sauce to something extra ordinary. Tuna salad or egg salad without mustard? Forget it. I even make a quick salad dressing, using various mustards, whipped up with EVOO, and vinegar...did you know in Belguim, they serve Frites (fries) with mustard?

What is your fav?
I've got 4 kinds. Plain yellow for the kid and for hot dogs, brown spicy for sandwiches, smooth Dijon for various uses and coarse country-style Dijon as well.

Plus powdered yellow mustard and brown mustard seed. Can't make vindaloo without brown mustard seed!

I'm not Belgian but I've always liked my fries with mustard.

Anyone that puts ketchup on a hot dog should be flogged. With hot dogs.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:51 AM

7,902 posts, read 8,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am a horseradish person, but I have Dijon mustard and 2 or 3 different Polish mustards in my pantry.
Horseradish is for us effete condiment snobs and never meant for consumption by the benighted unwashed masses. God bless horseradish lovers.

When I'm too lazy to make it myself, I buy Atomic extra hot. Unlike the claims of lesser bottled, prepared horseradish vendors, this one is ACTUALLY HOT.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 PM

42,672 posts, read 67,715,616 times
Gulden's Spicy Brown. Cheap and good enough. I rarely use it, a small bottle lasts me over a year. I only put it on sandwiches that I also use Mayo on. (Ketchup goes on my hotdogs.)

Old 11-23-2011, 01:06 PM

8,521 posts, read 12,929,107 times
2-

Brown

Yellow

Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM

65,749 posts, read 74,041,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
The fast-and-dirty way to evaluate someone about whether they are a foodie is to open their refrigerator and peek inside to count the number of different mustards. French's yellow of course (but don't underestimate it), brown, German with horseradish, honey mustard, sweet hot Chinese, dijon, Jack Daniels ...... and on and on.

We have 3 kinds in the fridge right now, but sometimes we even have more.

NIta

Old 11-23-2011, 05:44 PM

4,018 posts, read 4,681,175 times
Three..

French's for Granny.
Guldens for me.

Colemans dry english mustard, it's a must for Mayo based salad add in.. Just a touch, it makes a huge difference..
And even though it's hotter then hades itself, i love it with a corned beef or ham boiled dinner...

I dont really like mustard at all except hot dogs pretty much..

Old 12-13-2016, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 213 times
Why don't they make guldens zesty honey mustard anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink