Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 02:35 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I place a wet kitchen towel in between the plates to soften any caramelized sugar and then wrap that same cloth around a chopstick to scrub any residue from the plates. I've also wiped away crumbs with a paint brush. One thing I've found that helps is not using any oil on the non-stick plates, because the heat turns it into a sticky mess that is really hard to clean off.
I don't use oil. And I've found that a combination of a damp paper towel and some Q-tips works pretty well. It really isn't awful cleaning the thing. Just harder than throwing the plates in the dishwasher. And it does make good waffles . FWIW - waffle makers are up to 50% off at Williams Sonoma today:

Waffle Makers and Waffle Irons | Williams-Sonoma

Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 02:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I don't use oil. And I've found that a combination of a damp paper towel and some Q-tips works pretty well. It really isn't awful cleaning the thing. Just harder than throwing the plates in the dishwasher. And it does make good waffles . FWIW - waffle makers are up to 50% off at Williams Sonoma today:

Waffle Makers and Waffle Irons | Williams-Sonoma

Robyn
That's a great sale! The crazy thing is that I can't find pearl sugar, an essential ingredient for a true Belgian waffle, at any WS. You'd think that kind of specialty item would be right up their alley. I have to order it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink