Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,935,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Agree. It is bland and expensive. There are three or four taquerias in the area that serve far better and more authentic food.

It is the McDonalds of Mexican food.
Taco Bell is the McDonald's of Mexican food. Actually, Taco Bell is better than McDonald's, but whatever.

Chipotle is high quality fast food and real food. McDonald's is bland and gross, highly processed, and I don't know what else.

You'd be better saying Chipotle is the Panera of Mexican food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,406,337 times
I LOVE Chipotle... at least they have a decent tasting vegan meal... I get the veggie burrito bowl, no cheese or sour cream, more guacamole instead and brown rice is now available... lots of veggies and the food doesn't come out of a can or box

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-17-2011, 12:54 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,496,293 times
I think it's fresh-looking.
I think it's a bit overpriced.
I think they could give you a bit less and you'd still be okay with it.
And I get annoyed when I have to pay that much for food which makes me stand in line to order cafeteria-style and then have to also pay extra for a small paper bag of taco chips that has a bit of lime juice sprinkled on the chips.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,811,504 times
Default Chipotle comes to Lafayette!

I had lunch at a brand new Chipotle yesterday in Lafayette, Indiana. We were very excited because we travel for work through that area often, and there was nothing but fast food choices available.

I had an excellent veggie burrito bowl, with black beans, lime rice, grilled peppers and onions, roasted corn salsa, cheese, and the best fresh guacamole ever.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 AM

20,859 posts, read 28,195,385 times
never had it but I have heard from people who have tried it that it's just OK

Old 12-21-2011, 08:23 AM

410 posts, read 740,867 times
I've been there once and thought it was very good. I had the chicken tacos and chips & salsa. The only problem is that they are so busy during lunch that you can't find a parking spot. I do wish that it was a little cheaper to add the chips & salsa to your order. I just can't have any Mexican style food without my chips & salsa!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
I've been there once and thought it was very good. I had the chicken tacos and chips & salsa. The only problem is that they are so busy during lunch that you can't find a parking spot. I do wish that it was a little cheaper to add the chips & salsa to your order. I just can't have any Mexican style food without my chips & salsa!
I agree about the parking, however, the new one I went to yesterday had a really large parking lot, and the restaurant was larger than most.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 AM

410 posts, read 740,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I agree about the parking, however, the new one I went to yesterday had a really large parking lot, and the restaurant was larger than most.
I'm always worried there wont be a place to sit once I get through the long line. The one near my office isn't very big.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
I'm always worried there wont be a place to sit once I get through the long line. The one near my office isn't very big.
Right, some of the locations I have been to have very small seating areas. Hopefully they will build more of the larger restaurants with larger parking lots. Chipotle is always busy!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
never had it but I have heard from people who have tried it that it's just OK

You should try it, all the ingredients are high quality and you can choose your own tasty combinations. Great for vegetarian and vegan meals as well.

Chipotles are always very busy, there is a good reason why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink