U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 PM

3,402 posts, read 990,010 times

Advertisements

I don't love instant but I have that Pampa Brand on my shelf in our camper to use when we're camping. I personally like it and you can't beat the price of $1.00. I like it as it doesn't make my heart race like some coffee does.

When I know I'm having guests while camping, I make brewed coffee. You can't beat brewed coffee around a wood fire while camping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 PM

9,377 posts, read 11,495,670 times
I never liked instant to start with BUT that is all the in-laws have.

My wife agreed to make me a cup. She was not paying attention and put three teaspoons into one cup (like she would for the coffee maker). I did everything I could not to spray it out.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 793 times
The coffee Pampa is gross no taste whatsoever. I'll stick with sale brands.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Status: "SSRIs = school shootings = MKULTRA = Pol Pot America" (set 6 days ago)

8,317 posts, read 5,658,489 times
Pampa is not coffee in my book....maybe it really is CHEESE????

Foldgers and Great Value(Walmart) both taste so much the same and are very strong.....I wonder if they are from the same coffee company???

One a side note about green tea......Prince Of Peace Organic, weakest tasting green tea I have ever drank.......no caffeine kick either..........anyone else think so also????

Old 09-09-2012, 04:18 PM

2,522 posts, read 1,884,109 times
I don't know if I'd use it to make a hot coffee beverage with but for it's intended use, a cheap way to make home made blender frappes, it did the job well. Try this recipe out I made.

Low Calorie Fast Caramel Mocha Frappe Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Status: "SSRIs = school shootings = MKULTRA = Pol Pot America" (set 6 days ago)

8,317 posts, read 5,658,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I don't know if I'd use it to make a hot coffee beverage with but for it's intended use, a cheap way to make home made blender frappes, it did the job well. Try this recipe out I made.

Low Calorie Fast Caramel Mocha Frappe Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Frappes, a little too upper-crust for my liking.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 AM

18,685 posts, read 10,976,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
No....instant is just fine for Coffe junkies................maybe not perfumed-yuppyish-coffee-junkies.......they need "Spresso"

Hey now, I may be a wee bit fragranced but I am not a yuppishcoffeejunky and I do not need spresso. I also will not for any reason drink instant coffee, blech. I love a good fresh roasted coffee or I use Maxwell House and Folgers but only the Medium Dark and Dark Roasts with a preference for Dark Roasts.
I also do not drink the iced, fluffed, frozen, whip creamed crappe either. Straight coffee or no coffee.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I don't love instant but I have that Pampa Brand on my shelf in our camper to use when we're camping. I personally like it and you can't beat the price of $1.00. I like it as it doesn't make my heart race like some coffee does.

When I know I'm having guests while camping, I make brewed coffee. You can't beat brewed coffee around a wood fire while camping.
I'm not a big coffee drinker because most coffees are bitter but I have been buying Pampa instant and it is good if made right . I noticed when I first made it that it was very weak if made like regular coffee , but if you use 2 1/2 times the amount it is very good with a coffee creamer like Coffee Mate. It doesn't have a bitter taste like most coffees. I like it with baked goods. I can't tell you if it will give you the buzz that you are looking for because caffeine doesn't have any effect on me.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 AM

9,144 posts, read 3,000,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Instant coffee is gross IMO. I need to make a fresh cup or pot of "real" coffee. I use my keurig and it comes out perfect every time.
Come on comparing Keurig coffee to instant is like comparing Las Vegas to bingo down to the VFW.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 PM

4,061 posts, read 2,599,173 times
My mom bought Pampa as she doesn't like frenched pressed coffee. She left some here. I used it to make some brownies with and I noticed there is zero smell and zero flavor. In the garbage it went, and good riddance after finding out it's made with cheese. Yuck!

I do like baking with instant expresso coffee. Megdalia something or other. It makes all the chocolate stuff yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink