Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:49 AM

2,304 posts, read 1,708,857 times

Advertisements

Let me just say: Bread - over it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 12:32 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I like bread, it does not like me.

Bloated, gassy, poor BMs and feeling slightly sick.....wheat-bread does that to me. Processed white is better, but it still does not go-down very good.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:01 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
It’s called the Staff of Life for a reason.

I love bread.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:14 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,580 times
It’s hard to make a sandwich without it.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:25 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,241,772 times
Um, okay. So don't eat it if you don't want to.

Others may still find it palatable, though, and choose to eat it. Their choice does not affect anyone else's ability to make a different choice, so it is unlikely that they would appreciate being scolded, ridiculed, or berated for their choice.

Just sayin', since it seems that threads like this tend to be a prelude to bashing anyone who does not hate whatever food has been targeted.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I make my sandwiches with beautiful organic romaine lettuce leaves. Two or three per sandwich.

I stopped bringing breads into my house probably 10 yrs ago..started by buying only gluten free and found it too dense so I just gave it all up.

There are so many foods that are "dead" and I believe bread is one of them....

I did my share of breads, and other carbs in my life and now it time to change all that and change I've been making.

I'm into reducing carbs so much and in spite of that, I can't exercise like I did for many years of my life, so I am changing what I put in my mouth. I live with a body full of arthritis and truly believe MOST of it from a long life of eating sugars/carbs and breads were a big one.

Not perfect, but progress.

My neighbor is big on breads and she deals with RA and I've read so much about foods to eliminate with RA and arthritis in general. But her choice.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-09-2017 at 01:46 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 01:30 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Bread is actually good for you, particularly whole wheat. White gets trashed but I love ww and eat it daily....extremely good for fiber.

I ignore the bashing of bread for having carbs and gluten. To each his own.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:37 PM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Bread is actually good for you, particularly whole wheat. White gets trashed but I love ww and eat it daily....extremely good for fiber.

I ignore the bashing of bread for having carbs and gluten. To each his own.
I too love bread especially European baked bread or my freshly baked bread with the aroma of coriander seeds,anise and caraway.Once fresh out of the oven with butter..oh mei.. delicious.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
Mmmmm

I love bread!

My favorite commercial varieties are Dave's Killer Bread 21 Grains & Seeds, Arnold 100% Whole Wheat, and Arnold Health Nut.

I love bread made with millet, quinoa, and other grains

About the only bread that I don't care for is white bread. It lacks flavor and that chewy texture I like my carbs to have.

I could probably live on multi-grain bread I love the stuff so much.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:25 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
I like bread, if it's good bread. I love my homemade multi-grain, and a good sourdough.

I don't care for storebought "sandwich" bread, whether it's white or wheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
Um, okay. So don't eat it if you don't want to.

Others may still find it palatable, though, and choose to eat it. Their choice does not affect anyone else's ability to make a different choice, so it is unlikely that they would appreciate being scolded, ridiculed, or berated for their choice.

Just sayin', since it seems that threads like this tend to be a prelude to bashing anyone who does not hate whatever food has been targeted.

Indeed. "Eating [food in question] made me [bloated, nauseated, tired, fat, arthritic, broken out in hives, etc.] so I stopped eating it and now I feel great! Therefore I'm telling the world that [food in question] is bad!"

If you don't like something or it doesn't agree with you, then feel free to stop eating it, but your experience is not necessarily relevant to anyone else. Most people have no problem with bread and it has been considered a healthful food for at least 3000 years, probably much longer, so lay off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink