Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,747 times

Advertisements

Maybe this is part of my not liking fish anymore problem..

One time we were Fileting some Perch and Largemouth Bass..

I picked up the knife and things were squirming on the blade...like maggot type things

I thnk they were called Flatworms.....UMM no more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
That was bad?? I just made a big salad, & put the dressing on...took a quick bite while I was cleaning up, and after I swallowed I realized theres something wrong with this dressing Its got a horrible sour bitter flavor & its supposed to be French---
Now I'm kind of freaked out.....

Don't panic, a bite won't do anything to you. Toss out the salad and the dressing and buy more when you can. Check the freshness date if you just bought it, and if it's passed date when you bought it and have the receipt you can probably take it back and get another bottle.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Maybe this is part of my not liking fish anymore problem..

One time we were Fileting some Perch and Largemouth Bass..

I picked up the knife and things were squirming on the blade...like maggot type things

I thnk they were called Flatworms.....UMM no more...
Oooh that's disgusting! You didn't eat the fish I hope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Don't panic, a bite won't do anything to you. Toss out the salad and the dressing and buy more when you can. Check the freshness date if you just bought it, and if it's passed date when you bought it and have the receipt you can probably take it back and get another bottle.
Yes I am taking it back tomorrow...the freshness date is like November 2012, so it's not that. I'm just going to be very careful which brands I buy from now on

Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Oooh that's disgusting! You didn't eat the fish I hope....

Yes I am taking it back tomorrow...the freshness date is like November 2012, so it's not that. I'm just going to be very careful which brands I buy from now on
Unfortunately I've found out that you can't buy generic dressing and expect the same flavor as the name brands. A lot of things, generics are good enough, but there's just a few things where name brands are the best buys.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Unfortunately I've found out that you can't buy generic dressing and expect the same flavor as the name brands. A lot of things, generics are good enough, but there's just a few things where name brands are the best buys.
You're right; this was the first time I ever bought a different brand. Usually I get Kraft or Ken's. I won't be making this mistake again

Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 PM

160 posts, read 335,192 times
Omg, I've never laughed so hard in my life reading all your posts. Sorry it happened to you all, but the stories are quite comical.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
I remember two ... I had a Tyson's chicken patty (or some such - this was almost thirty years ago), and thought it didn't taste right, so I only ate a couple of bites. My then-husband ate his and the rest of mine. We both got sick from it, and he was much worse than I was.

Sour whipping cream was how I met my current husband. We were in a bar, a couple of stools apart, and I had ordered a Kahlua and cream. Drink came, I tasted it and <bleah> it was sour. Told bartender, he checked, and yup, it was sour. While he made the replacement drink, that cute guy two stools down started talking to me ... and the rest, as they say, is history. Best spoiled cream I ever had - it got me my wonderful husband.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I remember two ... I had a Tyson's chicken patty (or some such - this was almost thirty years ago), and thought it didn't taste right, so I only ate a couple of bites. My then-husband ate his and the rest of mine. We both got sick from it, and he was much worse than I was.

Sour whipping cream was how I met my current husband. We were in a bar, a couple of stools apart, and I had ordered a Kahlua and cream. Drink came, I tasted it and <bleah> it was sour. Told bartender, he checked, and yup, it was sour. While he made the replacement drink, that cute guy two stools down started talking to me ... and the rest, as they say, is history. Best spoiled cream I ever had - it got me my wonderful husband.
This is the post of the day! Very nice story

Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Took a big bite out of a beef tongue taco from a taqueria down the street and immediately spit it out. The tongue was sour and made MY tongue tingle like pop rocks do. I didn't get sick, but I did get my money back.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I used to work near a Subway, which sold little cartons of milk that I would buy for cereal in the morning. I made myself a bowl, took a big bite, and UGH. Spoiled milk. I was standing in the break room with a bunch of people and spat it into the sink in front of everyone.

I've had my share of food poisoning over the years but it's been a long time since my last bout. I wonder if it's because we rarely eat in restaurants anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink