Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:55 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Aspartame can step aside. There's a new sweetener in town and it isn't saddled with the inconvenience of having to be listed on labels, so it can be sneaked into any prepared food, even USDA so-called Organic. So sayeth the FDA. Neotame is a Monsanto-created chemical similar to Aspartame, including its neurotoxic properties.
Quote:
Both Aspartame and Neotame contain substances that are metabolized into formaldehyde, a highly toxic poison, and an excitotoxic amino acid that agitates, thereby damaging, nerves.
Quote:
Now, very quietly, the FDA has decided that the public shouldn't be informed when Neotame is included in any product. Even Organic products,
Quote:
Neotame has been approved by the European Food Safety Agency (EFSA). As is so common in the EU, the product is hidden behind an E-number. So, labels don't have to say that products contain Neotame. They only need to list "E 961".
Neotame, New Neurotoxic Sweetener: FDA Says No Label Needed, Not Even in Organics

Anyone planning on a garden this year? Might be a good beginning to not get cancer and other illnesses..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 08:12 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times

That's it.

I'm definitely spending the money to not only attend my State University's beekeeping class in March, but start up my own hives.

This ruling by the FDA is like all of those ads for drugs that have been "approved" by them recently...

Thanks, I'll suffer thru the arthritis and survive depression without "approved" drugs that can cause lymphoma, heart failure, liver failure/hepatitis, and tuberculosis!

It makes you really wonder who's in charge of "protecting our health and welfare", doesn't it?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
My concern is less about me.........I try to raise as much of my food as I can, I buy from local farmers as much as I can, and I try to buy as little processed food as I can. I figure that if it was prepared by a factory, that they took shortcuts and I am paying someone $10 an hour to fix me bad food. And for that kind of money I can prepare it myself and have better and cheaper meals.

But there are millions of kids who are going to eat crap that I wouldn't feed my hog.......and their parents are thinking that because the schools prepared it, it has basic nutritional value. And when a "neuroexciter" gets a kid hyper active they give him Ritalin.

Gingrich talked about having kids work as janitors......how about they hire kids to garden......combine science with nutrition and serve the food in the cafeterias for additional savings. I guess the first thing to do is get school cooks who know how to cook from scratch instead of warming up pans sent out from central kitchens..............

Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 PM

160 posts, read 335,192 times
Scary thought indeed!

Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytibby View Post
Scary thought indeed!
Yes, but nothing is more popular on the internet. Besides, it gives the experts on everything a chance to ride their hobby horses.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Yes, but nothing is more popular on the internet. Besides, it gives the experts on everything a chance to ride their hobby horses.
LOL! Good one!

I've heard them all now... OMG the government is trying to kill us all with Fluoride! OMG the government is trying to kill us all with pesticides! OMG the government is trying to kill us all with vaccines! OMG the government is trying to kill us all with pink slime! On and on and on...

The media and the scared-of-their-own-shadow "health" activists LOVE to create the next food panic.

Welcome to Green Hell.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
...Welcome to Green Hell.
GREEN HELL IS PEOPLE!!!! Wait... sorry... I got caught-up in the moment. However, I do remember something green being people .

Old 05-31-2014, 12:22 PM

726 posts, read 1,367,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
LOL! Good one!

I've heard them all now... OMG the government is trying to kill us all with Fluoride! OMG the government is trying to kill us all with pesticides! OMG the government is trying to kill us all with vaccines! OMG the government is trying to kill us all with pink slime! On and on and on...

The media and the scared-of-their-own-shadow "health" activists LOVE to create the next food panic.

Welcome to Green Hell.
The "government" is composed of people who are either politicians or heavily influenced by politics. This means they are bought directly or indirectly by Big Industry that controls the puppet strings.

So, is GOVERNMENT trying to kill us? Well, not exactly. However, corporate greed ran amuck doesn't care if there are casualties along the way!!!

Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 PM

726 posts, read 1,367,311 times
And NO... the FDA should NOT be trusted on anything. All one need do to understand why is look at the history of their decisions and the associations of some of their top officials, like ex-Monsanto executives, lawyers, and lobbyists.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I hate sweet things.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink