Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:24 PM

5,119 posts, read 16,593,094 times

Advertisements

I typically eat the fries first. Then about midway through that effort, I'll alternate b/t fries & burger/sandwich. I don't drink soda so I'll drink water throughout my meal whenever I'm thirsty. No ketchup for me either.

Sooooo many times if I place an order at a FF drive-thru, I order my sandwhich, fries, and say, "no drink, no ketchup, and that's all" when finishing my order. The employee gets then says, "Is that in a combo meal?" or "What do you want to drink?" Some of these employees can't think that someone would just order a sandwhich and fries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
That isn't OCD behavior at all. I know this because that's they way I eat it, too.

And... I make sure that the best tasting thing is my last bite, depending on whether the fries or the burger is the better tasting one that time.
I usually focus on the burger first, since I consider it the better part of meal, but I do like fries as an accompaniment when I've eating it. I'm getting a bit bored of fries, actually. I often just order a burger.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
Quickly.....someone I know might see me doing it

Old 01-31-2012, 12:30 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
I take one bite of the burger, then a french fry dipped in ketchup, then a sip of the drink, repeat until it's all gone.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,347,835 times
I eat the burger first, then the fries while drinking the shake. I don't eat fast food too often, but a McDonald's meal always MUST include a shake - the best part of the meal.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:10 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,805,930 times
Well like today I was driving after picking up some burgers and fries at Burger King. So as i drove to visit and eat with my mother.. the wife and I and Granddaughter were eating the fries. It's more of a finger food and not a big hazard while driving. But, normally I eat them together and take a sip of drink as needed. No biggie. No rhyme.. no reason.. just eating. I too could do with or without ketchup for my fries. Funny how well shakes/malts go with fries!

Old 01-31-2012, 01:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Ah yes, when going through drive through I just pick at the fries while I'm driving...they're usually half gone by the time I get home. If I eat in, I often eat the burger and fries and then keep most of the drink for the road.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:43 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
I eat all ten tacos one at a time until they're gone.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
For me I have this thing where I have to eat both burger and fries at the same time. I always have to have roughly equal portions of fries and burger...maybe it's slightly OCD tendency, lol.
I'm the same exact way (except that I only eat chicken - no burgers), but I actually am diagnosed with mild OCD... so that's my excuse, hehe.

Generally I will alternate a bite of chicken, a fry or two, followed by a sip of (diet) soda & repeat. Mostly that's just so I don't run out of one item waaaay before the others, but I do like to have a little soda left at the end - although I can always just refill, which I usually do before leaving. Wow, that sounds really OCD, doesn't it? I swear, it's not something I think about consciously at the time. LOL

P.S. I only use salt and/or BBQ sauce with my fries, and either BBQ, ranch or honey mustard for the chicken.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 AM

103 posts, read 503,270 times
Am I the only one who puts some of the fries IN the burger? It's the best way to enjoy both. After burger has had a number of fries laid on the patty, I then eat all the remaining fries before they get cold (occasionally dipping in just a hint of ketchup). Then the burger, sipping a Coke throughout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink