Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times

Advertisements

I have a Ninja blender and its great. I like how I can take the blades out to clean the blender thoroughly and its also a great food processor too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,473,675 times
Just wanted to clarify that I have the Ninja version that the motor fits on top of the containers. I did some online searches and saw that there are several versions now. I purchased ours for less then $50 at Sam's Club but that was over 2 years ago now.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,762,350 times
I have the Kitchen Aid that Lubby posted the link to back in post #2. I absolutely love it. I use it every morning to make breakfast smoothies. It works great and has so much more power than the open I burned up. I really didn't want to spend $100 on a blender though. However, I found it on sale at Macy's, I think, for $59. Money well spent.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
I ended up going with the Ninja. I bought the Ninja 1100 system. I think it will meet all my needs. Here's what it has:
  • 72 oz. Pitcher with Lid
  • 40 oz. Processing Bowl with Lid
  • 5 Attachments to Make Everything from Cookies to Salsa to Margaritas
  • Knead dough for pizzas, breads, pretzels and cookies!
  • Grind seeds such as flax seeds, or nuts to make nut butter
  • 1100 watts (which will be sufficient for my needs)
I read the reviews about the 1100 system and it was rated higher than the other models. After watching a few YouTube videos made by consumers, I decided on that one. I also got a really good price on it, too. Retail for the system is $139 and I snagged it for $87. Considering it has two different size containers and the attachments, I think that's a great price. Someday, I hope to get a Vitamix but I think for now this will be just fine. Thanks for everyone's input and Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I have a Ninja blender and its great. I like how I can take the blades out to clean the blender thoroughly and its also a great food processor too.

This was another feature I really liked.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
I had a coffeehouse for several years. If I was looking for a good blender I'd shop craigslist to see if a coffeehouse or bar is closing and selling their equipment. Happens all the time if you're near a decent sized city. If they were selling a VitaMix or BlendTec for pennies on the dollar, I'd jump on it. They will pulverize anything and will not die.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I've got the commercial Waring MX1000XTX. Highly recommended. It's about the equivalent of the Blendtec or Vitamix, with a 3.5hp motor. Having used the Magic Bullet, Ninja 1000, Oster, KitchenAid, none of them compare. On sale, the Waring can be had for $250.
3.5hp is great! I've learned the higher the hp, the higher the price but it sounds like a good unit. Price was a factor in my decision, or I would have opted for one you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
My wife bought me a Ninja Pulse for Christmas. Special at Bed,Bath & Beyond. For protein shakes and smoothies.

Absolutely love it. It is the model selected as best smoothie maker by one of the budget best buy web sites.
That sounds like a perfect unit for your needs. I've been making smoothies in my old 1970 Waring blender. I was ready for something new. Only waited 40 years. I tend to hang onto things.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 PM

3,041 posts, read 5,000,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
3.5hp is great! I've learned the higher the hp, the higher the price but it sounds like a good unit. Price was a factor in my decision, or I would have opted for one you mentioned.

Not only that, but it's solid as a rock. If there are ever intruders in the house, I'm throwing my blender at them. Then I'm going to pick it off their bodies and make myself a smoothie for just having thrown a boulder.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Not only that, but it's solid as a rock. If there are ever intruders in the house, I'm throwing my blender at them. Then I'm going to pick it off their bodies and make myself a smoothie for just having thrown a boulder.

I'm laughing at that because I would probably do the same thing! Hide the evidence.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:52 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Long time bartender and chef and kitchen appliance demonstrator here.

For high end blenders, I recommend Blendtec over Vitamix. Blendtec out performs and vastly outlasts the Vitamix.

For mid priced blenders ($100) I recommend Breville over Kitchenaid. Breville has better engineering and KA has had quality problems the last few years.

For inexpensive countertop blenders ($20-30) Hamilton Beach has a particularly good one with a heavy die cast metal base, oversize jar, and speed dial on the front. WalMart carries it.

For Ninja/Bullet type jar blenders, several of the vitamin store chains now sell one for $20-30 that is nearly identical to the $100 packages being sold on late night infomercials.

Interesting factoid: The Waring Blender was invented by bandleader Fred Waring for use in bars, to make icy cocktails.

Last edited by OpenD; 01-01-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink