Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I feel like I'm one of the only people in the world who doesn't drink coffee. I love the smell, but don't like the taste. Yes, I'm sure that of the thousands of coffee flavors out there, there has to be one that I'd like, but I don't really care to try to find it. Generally, I'm not a fan of hot drinks, except of course for hot chocolate on a cold snowy day.

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of coffee, and yes, it does smell wonderful but the taste...eh. The only coffee I will have every once in awhile is Dunkin' Donuts. But that doesn't even taste like coffee to me anyway. I like tea on cool nights if I'm reading by the window and I love hot chocolate. But I can't drink hot drinks all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 01:17 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I agree with you. I'm not a fan of coffee, and yes, it does smell wonderful but the taste...eh. The only coffee I will have every once in awhile is Dunkin' Donuts. But that doesn't even taste like coffee to me anyway. I like tea on cool nights if I'm reading by the window and I love hot chocolate. But I can't drink hot drinks all the time.
I have to put milk and splenda in mine, cant drink regular coffee.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:24 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
i am a coffee snob! i only like whole beans. none of that ground stuff. i keep my beans in the freezer so they are fresh. i dont like the artificial sweeteners... hazelnut, french vanilla, etc.

my fav, only available in the midwest: caribou coffee, reindeer blend (comes out around christmas time).

mmmmm... all this talk about coffee... i think i am going to make some right now.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:47 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
Peets Coffee is my favorite (from California) Major Dickasons Blend!! I buy the beans and they are so fresh that the beans are still oily when you take them out of the bag . The company believes in a really short shelf time in the stores so it's always fresh.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:22 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
Thanks everybody. Even those who don't drink coffee and posted anyway...

I discovered this 20 years ago. It's all I make at home now, although I do enjoy coffee out, if it's good coffee.

Those of you who drink dark roast coffee, and want to drink better coffee for half the price...(I'm a coffee snob too, and it took me a while to come to terms with the fact that this stuff is so inexpensive ;-)

Go to your local supermarket, and look in the hispanic foods section (I'm not quite sure why the supermarkets so often segregate the food like this - but they do) and grab a can or vacuum-packed bag of CAFE BUSTELO. It's hard to miss - it's in a bright yellow package. Brew it regular strength, rather than attempting to make espresso.

I'm not alone in believing this is the best packaged coffee available in the USA. Where it's available. I know some serious foodies and writers who won't have anything else in the house. I used to mail-order cases of cans because I couldn't get it here. Now it's possible to get it on the www. But see if you like it first. Look around for it. They don't make it easy to find, but it's widely destributed in many parts of the country.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:09 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
I didn't always like coffee, (I believe it's an aquired taste), but I like to drink some now. I don't drink it every day, though I drink more in the winter, (summertime is too hot and humid). I like a little sugar and a little Bailey's in it. My daughter got me started on that. It's actually quite good, and I'm not much of a drinker, other than an occasional margarita. But, the Bailey's adds a nice taste.

Another nice hot drink is Irish Breakfast tea, with a little milk and sugar, (for those of you who like tea, not coffee). I keep some of this tea around all the time.

I have seen the CAFE BUSTELO on the shelves at our Publix. Now, I'm intriqued. I may have to try some.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:33 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
Thanks for the tip, chaz! i'll look for that coffee next time I shop.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:44 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
I can't wait for those egg nog latte's at Starbucks this year.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:48 PM

96 posts, read 457,892 times
ooooooo, I didn't know about the egg nog. I think I like Star uks now

Old 09-19-2006, 04:54 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
Thanks for the tip, chaz! i'll look for that coffee next time I shop.
Based on your posts, I'm guessing you'll appreciate it, mariatheres.

shannon94 will too, I'd wager.

....The rest of you people, I'm not so sure about

I had to play with the strength I brew it at - the water-to-bean ratio, before I really understood how good this stuff is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink