Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 01:51 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
MOMark I agree with all the above. Man, Starbucks reg. coffee to much $ and the stuff is like a mixture of oil, gas, propane, and a touch of dirt last time I got some I thought it was going to burn a hole through the paper cup!

Hey, while in SF did you have the famous french bread and salami? Boy, that's good stuff
I lived in San Francisco for ten years Marks, so over the years, I sampled just about all there was to offer I often ate at delicatessens and Italian eateries as well. But what I miss are real true blue bakeries and donut shops. They're hard to find here for some reason, which surprises me, yet the ones in San Francisco were fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Dunkin Donuts is by far the best coffee in the world!!!!!

Old 10-06-2006, 07:47 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,290 times
milliebfit -

I've had hundreds of gallons of Dunkin Donuts coffee. It's one of my favorite coffees. The regular blend, not the dark roast, which is bafflingly unsatisfying. I like it made at the shop; I've had no luck at all brewing coffee from the beans.

But have you tried Cafe Bustelo?

Old 10-06-2006, 11:33 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,855 times
I swear by the Dunkin Donuts decaf. It's the only one that actually tastes like real coffee. I buy the beans and grind them and brew it myself. Great for nighttime coffee indulgences without the wide awake effect.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:50 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Chaz longue
I have not tried cafe bustelo. I drink just the reg. coffee. I agree I can't brew it the same at home. Maybe I will try the whole beans like joyce65

Old 10-11-2006, 12:32 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,455 times
chaz...

i am sorry but i tried some cafe bustelo and uck... blech... i hated it!!!!

it tasted like... like... burnt dirt.

i'll stick to my caribou coffee, thanks! (to each his own)

Old 10-12-2006, 07:23 AM

502 posts, read 2,295,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
chaz...

i am sorry but i tried some cafe bustelo and uck... blech... i hated it!!!!

it tasted like... like... burnt dirt.

i'll stick to my caribou coffee, thanks! (to each his own)
Maybe you made it too strong. You might need to use less coffee ground. Sometimes I mess it up too but when you get it right, there is nothing better. Keep trying until you get the hang of it. Everyone in my family uses it. My younger sister makes it perfectly every time (I hate her ) but our oldest sister makes it the way you described it. Every time she asks me if I want coffee, I panic!

Old 10-12-2006, 01:35 PM

22 posts, read 99,014 times
I LOVE Coffee. I especially love individually owned coffee houses that roast their own beans. I am from NYC and love Rohrs. Its on 85 and 2nd. I just love their coffee-the strength, the variety of flavors and the atmosphere. They have one in Closter, NJ too. I have actually bought their beans online and had them shipped when I left NYC. I am planning on moving to NC and hope there are places like that there if not I will keep having them shipped!

Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Maybe you made it too strong. You might need to use less coffee ground. Sometimes I mess it up too but when you get it right, there is nothing better. Keep trying until you get the hang of it. Everyone in my family uses it. My younger sister makes it perfectly every time (I hate her ) but our oldest sister makes it the way you described it. Every time she asks me if I want coffee, I panic!
OK i'll buy some again and experiment!

Old 11-05-2006, 03:42 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I go with organic coffee. I do like rich blends, but not so rich as to curl your nose hair The coffee in the stores in the vacuum packed cans is trash. It's filled with chemicals and is really stale which has been months before it even goes on the shelves. I like [www.thecoffeefool.com] they do have good stuff.

I guess you would say I'm simple when it comes to coffee. Cup, coffee, a packet of sugar in the raw, and some coffemate hazelnut.

If anyone has any links to good organic coffee they’re happy with or recommendations of types of coffee let me know. Thanks!
Dude ..............you can't sing the praises of organic coffee and then tell us you put "coffeemate" in it. You just ruined a great cup of coffee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink