Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,961 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been drinking Paul Newman's organic French roast and love it. I'm so sensitive to pesticides I get sick every time I try anything else. Starbucks claims to buy coffee from farms that take care of their workers BUT they don't care about pesticides in their coffee. I can smell a cup of RAID a mile away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2006, 09:55 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
It's true - Proportion of water to coffee grounds is crucial.

This is true in spades with Cafe Bustello.

But it probably also explains why I can't make Dunkin Donuts coffee at home starting from beans.

The quality of water is really important too. I believe Dunkin Donuts treats it's water - otherwise it would taste different in every city.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:39 AM

84 posts, read 379,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I can't wait for those egg nog latte's at Starbucks this year.
Just had it yesterday for the first time. OUTSTANDING!!! I got the lite Egg Nog frapp without whipped cream. You know, they'll do any frapp lite if you ask them. I try and do the lite version so I'm not being as bad when I'm being bad.

Last edited by pjacksone; 12-14-2006 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-09-2007, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Coffee is the only substance I'm aware of which is both good for you and addictive.
I don't know man... As fas as i know if you are a coffee addict coffee does not make it that good for your heart

Old 11-17-2007, 03:20 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Default Coffee...

I have a question about a certain type of coffee I heard about. I remember an episode of CSI where the nerdy lab tech was talking about trying different kinds of coffee from around the world. He mentioned something about a certain type of coffee in South America. Apparently, a certain kind of monkey eats only the best beans however it cannot digest them. Once it 'passes' the beans are washed off and it's supposed to be the best coffee around. That is, of course, according to the show. Is this something any of you have heard of? Sorry to gross you out.

Edit: I found it. Apparently it's called Kopi Luwak and is very expensive. Here's a wiki article on it. Must discuss this one!

Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-17-2007, 03:59 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Heard of it before. Apparently people say the aroma is wonderful but uhhh...yeaaah...I'd never eat monkey poop. Sorry. Foodies are creative and innovative and all but sometimes they're just crazy.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:05 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
I would definitely taste at....at least once!
Now WHERE'S that monkey ????

Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Sure, why not?! If it hasn't hurt anyone who has tried it before I'd try it. But I sure am not going to "pay" that kind of $$ for it!!

I love your monkey post--cute!!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
It amazes me what people will spend money on. I mean, who ever figured out that this was the best coffee? Who would see the "process" and think, "I'm gonna make me some coffee out of those beans!"?

Old 07-27-2008, 03:36 PM

412 posts, read 1,751,961 times
Question Coffee?

What do you like? Brand, types, region, etc. I really like HEB Hawaiian it is very mild and nutty. Starbucks coffees I have found from what I have tried all to be very similar. I love(d) the starbucks Tanzanian peaberry but they seem to have stopped carrying it. I understand other outlets sell this but nothing compares to the starbucks limited edition peaberry. There have been many others that I have liked but those are the first that come to mind. Will add more later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink