U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
hole in the wall 37 88.10%
fine dinning 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:30 AM

16,487 posts, read 11,985,627 times

Advertisements

I'll pick the hole in the wall as long as it is clean. Some of the best Mexican food I have had have been little hole in the wall places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 10:50 AM

2,161 posts, read 2,470,992 times
Either one. I don't care. Just give me some good food! Although I don't like spending a fortune on a meal.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:46 PM

14,517 posts, read 13,035,600 times
I prefer small hole in the wall ethnic restaurants. A lot of them range in quality and there are some good ones and some bad ones.. The thing I like about the hole in the walls is that they are usually family run and you can afford to become a regular and get to know them better.

I do like fine dining and treating myself every once in a while.. but for the most part it just isn't me.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:56 AM

9,219 posts, read 3,409,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci
Which do you prefer?

A fantastic hole in the wall joint that may only cost $5 for an outstanding meal that may only be comprised of 3 or 4 ingredients done really well or a fantastic fine dinning place with an innovative menu, highly trained chef, and foods you've never tried before, but all coming with a hefty price tag.
Both can have either or so to me it doesnt matter AS LONG AS THE FOOD IS GOOD!! (I picked HOLE IN THE WALL as i prefer them to be honest)

Old 08-11-2013, 04:18 AM

6,313 posts, read 5,593,368 times
Sometime I try one, sometimes the other. I can't see the point of preferring one type of experience over the other, unless cash is a problem. In that case, your budget sense should tell you to prefer the simpler place.

I don't own a jacket or tie, so if these were required in a "fine dining" establishment, I would have to pass. Fortunately, I live in a resort area, and fine, pricy restaurants are used to clientele in sport shirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink