Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Mushrooms and anything that used to swim, hop, run across telephone lines or looked similiar to Bambi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 PM

61,685 posts, read 87,077,794 times
What about those that fly??

Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What about those that fly??

Nope.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:35 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I surmise you aren't often extended the hospitality of dinner invitations or group eating excursions with set menus, or at least twice, unless with the most bend-over backwards hosts.
I get invited to dinner all of the time. If I don't like what's being served I just say no thanks and eat the stuff I do like. Most of the stuff on my list are not common foods that my family or inlaws would make any way. The lamb Yes but I just eat the side dishes. Most of our friends and family will call and ask first before planning a meal to see if we eat it or can have it. My husband has certain dietary restrictions due to diverticulitis so he stays away from alot of stuff. Besides most of the family and friends we associate with make chicken, turkey or fish.Just because I don't like or eat it does not mean I won't cook it for others. I have made leg a lamb but I ate everything else.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Pineapple.
Coconut.
Raisins.

And some vegetable a friend's mother insisted I eat many years ago. It was green. I've blocked the name from my memory bank. Thankfully. But if I see it I am immediately transported back to being 11 and thinking it was the most awful thing I ever tasted.
Okra or brussel sprouts???

Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM

744 posts, read 811,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Pineapple.
Coconut.
Raisins.

And some vegetable a friend's mother insisted I eat many years ago. It was green. I've blocked the name from my memory bank. Thankfully. But if I see it I am immediately transported back to being 11 and thinking it was the most awful thing I ever tasted.
Raisins x2!!! I just don't get the appeal, ever since I was a kid I picked the raisins out of raisin bran, when I forget one and bite into it I'm like 'damnit!', even if I liked raisins they put a crapload of raisins in raisin bran.

Also forgot..
Shrimp
Shellfish
So....Basically any meat without a cloven hoof or scales and fins

Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I won't eat box mixes like scalloped potatoes or any pasta with fake powdery flavoring.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:07 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I get invited to dinner all of the time. If I don't like what's being served I just say no thanks and eat the stuff I do like. Most of the stuff on my list are not common foods that my family or inlaws would make any way. The lamb Yes but I just eat the side dishes. Most of our friends and family will call and ask first before planning a meal to see if we eat it or can have it. My husband has certain dietary restrictions due to diverticulitis so he stays away from alot of stuff. Besides most of the family and friends we associate with make chicken, turkey or fish.Just because I don't like or eat it does not mean I won't cook it for others. I have made leg a lamb but I ate everything else.
Then I take that back. You sound like a picky, or at least particular person who thankfully doesn't make a big deal about it nor expect everyone to bow to your preferences. Very different than from someone who does. I would definitely extend that hospitality to you and try to make sure I made something good that you would like.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,762,350 times
olives of any kind
lamb
okra, unless its fried. Any other way and its like a bowl of snot.
canned spinich

Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 PM

348 posts, read 266,371 times
Canned fried salmon patties. I love fish and love salmon. I HATE catfood with bones! Ewwwww It will gag a maggot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink