Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

A funny thing I found, I don't know if anyone else experiences something similar...

If I have a big buffet or eat a ton for dinner, I'm often STARVING the next morning. Or if I have it for lunch, I'll be full for a good 6 hours and then suddenly be extremely hungry. Conversely if I start eating light/skipping meals I tend not to feel as hungry after awhile. Something to do with your stomach being flexible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
I eat smaller meals in the day.A light breakfast and lunch, medium sized dinner but in between I snack on fruit, a granola bar, maybe some cheese and drink water. I'll have a light snack after dinner. Eating more frequently instead of pigging out at dinner or lunch is better for you and cutting down on carbs.Skipping meals is not good either, I always have a piece fruit with breakfast and lunch.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 594 times
I'm having same problem I'm starting to panicking my husband is a doctor he check everything is possible I'm completely normal super healthy but yet I'm hungry all the time I eat so much brand and cheese any bad and good curbs to gain some whaght it's just not working not even 1 extra pound ... My husband told me I have very fast metabolism that I born this way some times it shows after 30s I guess nothing to worry I wish to never feel hunger anymore

Old 10-29-2015, 05:08 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
drink lots of water,,,,

and if you do want to feel totally full eat some watermelon and low fat whipped cream....eat all you can,,,this will fill you up...

also eat peanut butter keep a jar with you.....works for me

I went on a high protein low carb diet this past summer,,,,, and it worked great,,,but I love sweets
and had to replace them,,,, berries and whipped cream works too and smoothies..

Old 10-29-2015, 05:10 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
A funny thing I found, I don't know if anyone else experiences something similar...

If I have a big buffet or eat a ton for dinner, I'm often STARVING the next morning. Or if I have it for lunch, I'll be full for a good 6 hours and then suddenly be extremely hungry. Conversely if I start eating light/skipping meals I tend not to feel as hungry after awhile. Something to do with your stomach being flexible?
these are carbs.....

I use to do the same,,,,pig out and be again hungry ...lol

Old 10-29-2015, 08:15 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
I find that to stay full even after a large meal, I need to have a lot of fiber in the recipe. If it were a veggie sub on a whole-grain bun, you might feel full much longer.

My other thought is that maybe you're bored or miserable at work and feeling hungry because you want a distraction or something comforting between your teeth.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:10 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilush84 View Post
I'm having same problem I'm starting to panicking my husband is a doctor he check everything is possible I'm completely normal super healthy but yet I'm hungry all the time I eat so much brand and cheese any bad and good curbs to gain some whaght it's just not working not even 1 extra pound ... My husband told me I have very fast metabolism that I born this way some times it shows after 30s I guess nothing to worry I wish to never feel hunger anymore
Have you had a four hour blood sugar test? Before I started eliminating sugar and limiting my carbs, I would have a blood sugar crash exactly four hours after I ate something with sugar. I could never figure out why, if I had pancakes for breakfast, I would be starving/light-headed/faint four hours after I had just pigged out.
I have hypoglycemia. This can't always be found with a fasting blood test. You have to have the hourly one where where you drink a bottle of whatever kind of sugar water it is they give you.

Last edited by mrs.cool; 10-29-2015 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: more details

Old 10-29-2015, 12:05 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
The OP is the perfect example of skin and fat no muscle weight. This is caused by having poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle. You're eating and the body is not putting on good weight accumulating fat. A good way to see if this makes sense is to measure waist and neck size rather than weight.

183lbs is overweight for a 5'10" guy unless you're packing muscles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink