Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 03:16 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,452,476 times

Advertisements

When I was a kid I was eating some Triscuits out of the box. I noticed some hair or something sticking to my lips. I pulled strands off my lips and tongue and they were very fine filiments, too fine to be hair of any kind. A little stretchy too. It was webbing. I looked in the box and there were spider webs all over. I dumped out the box and found the spider on the backside of one cracker, long dead, but it had cocooned itself like a mummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 05:10 PM

56 posts, read 79,746 times
I found a dead cockroach in a smoked salmon plate at a fancy restaurant and a ring in a sandwich

Old 04-14-2012, 06:46 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Small dead cockroaches in my honeycombs before

Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
OMG some of the stories on this thread are totally GROSS.

My son found a dime at the bottom of a teriyaki bowl once. We haven't eaten there since. Not that a dimes really gross, but STILL.

If I ever saw any bugs though I would hurl for sure. ewwwwwww.

Does anyone remember the rat in the coke story ? I always wondered if that was true. Now I love rodents...just not in my beverage thankyouverymuch.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,845 times
Topo nell'insalata alla mensa della Polizia - Repubblica.it » Ricerca

Mouse in the salad at the table of Police

April 29, 2011 - page 11 Section: GENOA

HALF mice, including the tail, in the salad dish . It has been found at the table of the mobile squad of police Bolzaneto. To denounce the union CGIL SILP which requested the suspension of service and activation of sanitary measures. "Because of cuts in the security sector and in this case in contracts for the management of canteens, where one observes the unfortunate steps than downward - observes the Provincial Secretary Roberto Traverso - the company awarded the contract to provide the service with even 5 euros meal, including employee wages, food, health regulations with respect, cleaning. It is clear that the economic situation affects the quality of service '

some green actvists, after a furiously protest said, that the real victim in this strange affair is.....the mouse

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I remember when I was a Litte kid one of my Uncles friends swore he found a dead mouse in his can of Beer.

Some claim it's urban legend, others swear it's true.. who knows..

I do know if I happin to drink beer, Vodka is my choice when I do drink..
It's a bottle or I prefer Draft..
The 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World | Cracked.com

At first I thought the mice wine was someone's idea of a sick joke, but it is indeed true. The idea they are newborn mice, basically like little rodent fetuses, makes it doubly revolting.

http://flenchflies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/baby-mice-wine.jpg (broken link)

That's just wrong.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Reminds me of the joke my mother used to tell: What's worse than finding a worm in an apple? Finding a half a worm in an apple.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I had a meatball sub from Subway w/ marinara sauce. First time I ever ordered it. Took a few bites, sauce was bland, meatballs sucked.
Then on the second bite, I see it.
A false fingernail. Obviously from one of the workers.....oh my gosh I was gagging.
I rinsed my mouth out, brushed my teeth & gargled w/ Listerine, lol
Then I went back to Subway & showed them, as I complained.
They offered me more food.
No way
You could have asked for nine more subs, and then youda had a full set.

J/k btw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink