Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM

41,764 posts, read 74,766,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I know there is no crap in it I meant it sarcastically.
From the Jif website:

Quote:
Ingredients:

MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.

No thanks. I like just plain ground peanuts better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,647,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
From the Jif website:

This.

Why do Americans insist on having sugar and salt added to everything they eat?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,539,680 times
Ok no arguments please. That's not what this thread is about.

Its always the skippy lovers that start ****.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 AM

41,764 posts, read 74,766,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
]Its always the skippy lovers that start ****.
LOL! There's a real war for you: Skippy vs. Jif vs. Peter Pan. My mom always bought the store brand. Yuck.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,892,053 times
Speaking of peanut butter, which my husband loooooooves, have any of you heard of this stuff?

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - 85% Less Fat and Calories - 6.5 Oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,909,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Good tip but I can't stand the taste of natural PB. I like that Commercial sugary crap like Skippy or Jiff.
Try a brand like The Peanut Butter Company

Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut Butter, The Heat is On, 16-Ounce Jars (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

It's REALLY good! It's amazing how people no longer like natural versions of food anymore, everything these days has to be highly processed for it to be delectable.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 AM

18,936 posts, read 11,535,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Speaking of peanut butter, which my husband loooooooves, have any of you heard of this stuff?

PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - 85% Less Fat and Calories - 6.5 Oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
Saw that at the commissary but it scared me

I also switched to mostly organic peanut butter - sometimes still need my creamy Jiff. I get a regular jar, stir it, then store it in the fridge so it never separates again.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,511,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
From the Jif website:

sugar is crap? there are 3 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoon serving. its just a matter of adding flavor, which i do want there. im sure your diet is otherwise devoid of any sugar so that 3 grams in the peanut butter is going to make all the difference in the world.

my mother likes the natural peanut butter, its a way of pretending she is eating something healthy when there really is no health benefit over regular peanut butter. a fake mental benefit that leads to an overall reduction of healthy eating practices.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,722,690 times
It's not just the extra salt & sugar, but I particularly avoid hydrogenated oils.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,030,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok if your like me you hate to mix that all natural Peanut Butter before using, getting oil and PB all over the place. Especially if you have to buy the industrial size jars because your teens are actually decendants of locusts. I have to buy the twin pack 40 ounce jars from Costco to keep up.

We've all been there trying to find a long handle tool to get to the bottom of the jar but wont break or bend in the process.

Ok you ready I have perfected the process:

1. Check to make sure the lid and tamper proof seal are tight and unopened.

2. Turn the jar upside down and leave for one day. Next day turn it on its side, next roll it to the other side, next turn up right.

3. Every day you get into the pantry turn the jar to a new side until your ready to use it.

I know I know your thinking Bull, Bulldogdad. I want to open the jar as soon as I get home and start using it.

Yes, well then this process wont work for you. However with a little planning you can buy two or three jars and start the process. Heck I even have the locusts turning them daily so I don't even worry about it.
I just use a butter knife (or a bigger knife it the jar is too large), and "cut" the peanut oil into the peanut butter until it is all well distributed. It works like a charm and doesn't make any mess at all.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink