Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you drink coffee daily?
Yes, every day 76 45.78%
No, not every day, but sometimes. 20 12.05%
No, never 70 42.17%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:53 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times

Advertisements

Hmmm. I guess I won't admit how much coffee I drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 04:38 PM

492 posts, read 630,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
LOL No, I don't think that I would if I were you.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:16 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolanda007 View Post
Drinking coffee is so much more than just a drink, it is a cultural thing. Whereever you go they ask, do you want a coffee? Or going out on a date "Let's go out for coffee something?", and in the work place EVERYONE drinks coffee. My first day I was told to help myself and go make a coffee. Sometimes I feel stupid saying "I hate coffee".
I wouldn't feel "stupid." I would state confidently "I do not drink coffee." If anyone wants to go further than that I will be happy to discuss. I hate the high and I do not like the taste or smell. It's my head and my body. I do not like that stuff.

I'm always asked when I go out to breakfast if I want coffee. I always proudly state "I do not drink coffee."
I have never been one that does what everyone else does. I am my own person.

I can only recall once that while out on a date she wanted to go out for coffee. I said I will go to Starbucks with you but I'm having bottled water.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
Smells great but tastes like used motor oil*

* never drank motor oil
Coffee is definitely an acquired taste that is for sure. I found some Starbucks at the grocery store called "Blonde"..was actually looking for Gevalia not Starbucks. The hubby made the Starbucks this morning and it is amazing! Tastes great. Don't force yourself to like coffee, caffiene isn't the best thing in the world for you, if you still find that you like the smell, try a flavored coffee with cream and sugar. I like a Caramel blend sometimes.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I am older so of course I have had my fair share of coffee. Yesterday, I found some Starbucks "Blonde" coffee at the grocery store. I was actually looking for Gevalia Blonde coffee but found this instead..it is awesome. I am sitting here with my Huge Webster Bank coffee cup full of this new coffee. YUMMMMM. I do drink my fair share of coffee that is for sure. Try the Starbucks Blonde blend or Gevalia if you can find it..awesome stuff.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Coffee is essential to basic efficient human functioning.
How so?

Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I HATE YOU for hating the apple of my eye!!!!

Just Joking.....but I fricken love coffee..........black please.....none of that fru-fru c**p that the Yuppies drink.
My name is Robyn and I am a fru-fru Yuppie! lolol

So it's true, I love Starbux. I used to go every day but now I enjoy about a cup a week, 2 at the most. Otherwise, my sweetie who never ever drinks coffee ever, makes me a half a pot a day and I add half and half and splenda.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolanda007 View Post
Drinking coffee is so much more than just a drink, it is a cultural thing. Whereever you go they ask, do you want a coffee? Or going out on a date "Let's go out for coffee something?", and in the work place EVERYONE drinks coffee. My first day I was told to help myself and go make a coffee. Sometimes I feel stupid saying "I hate coffee".
Why feel stupid? Just say "I don't drink coffee, thanks." I don't eat chocolate (no allergies, no health-related motivation, just never thought it was that great). That has a major cultural aspect, as well.

I work with lots of people who are not coffee drinkers. The stereotype is that teachers and coffee go together like PB & J...the most common teacher gift is the ubiquitous coffee cup, but I find that a decent amount of teachers are not big coffee drinkers. No biggie. More for me.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 PM

14 posts, read 33,249 times
Yes it's gross and makes me want to throw up.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:12 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
I like my coffee unsweetened and hot and my tea cold and sweetened, and not vise versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink