Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:17 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

Myself I don't eat out at fast-food places anymore anyway because of health reasons.

Wendy's chili was proven to be finger-free, but it sounds like the same isn't true for Arby's roast beef. Michigan Live reports on the stomach-turning situation, in which a 14-year-old tasted something chewy in his sandwich on Friday. "I was like, 'that gots to be a finger,'" said Ryan Hart. So he spit out what appeared to be an inch-long fingertip, complete with finger pad and first knuckle. But don't be too quick to cry "scam!": Jackson police and the county's health department confirmed that an employee lost part of her finger on a meat slicer at that location.

Teen Finds Finger in Arby's Sandwich - Worker had apparently injured herself on meat slicer

Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
You see what I'm talking about?! THIS disgusting garbage in our Food forum!

We desperately need another area for all this offensive trash. I come to the Food forum to enjoy some good food reading, fun, information and learning and I'm quite positive others do as well.

Last edited by rainroosty; 05-17-2012 at 10:48 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Myself I don't eat out at fast-food places anymore anyway because of health reasons.

Wendy's chili was proven to be finger-free, but it sounds like the same isn't true for Arby's roast beef. Michigan Live reports on the stomach-turning situation, in which a 14-year-old tasted something chewy in his sandwich on Friday. "I was like, 'that gots to be a finger,'" said Ryan Hart. So he spit out what appeared to be an inch-long fingertip, complete with finger pad and first knuckle. But don't be too quick to cry "scam!": Jackson police and the county's health department confirmed that an employee lost part of her finger on a meat slicer at that location.

Teen Finds Finger in Arby's Sandwich - Worker had apparently injured herself on meat slicer
Wouldn't they look for the finger as soon as they realized it was missing??

Old 05-17-2012, 12:25 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,245,632 times
Arby's could put a positive spin on it by inaugurating a new line of "finger food".

Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Wouldn't they look for the finger as soon as they realized it was missing??
Makes you wonder what kinda people work there, doesn't it?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:14 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
You see what I'm talking about?! THIS disgusting garbage in our Food forum!

We desperately need another area for all this offensive trash. I come to the Food forum to enjoy some good food reading, fun, information and learning and I'm quite positive others do as well.

These kinds of posts always puzzle me.

"I chose to click on a thread titled "Teen finds finger in arbys sandwich" and was shocked and offended to find an article and a discussion about a teen finding a finger in an arbys sandwich. I thought this threadt would be about the health benefits of eating lettuce"

You need to get rid of the little elf inside your brain that forces you to click on threads you do not want to read or hear about.

Perhaps it would have been more appropriate to post this in the "Receipies" sub forum

Old 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
These kinds of posts always puzzle me.
Quote:

"I chose to click on a thread titled "Teen finds finger in arbys sandwich" and was shocked and offended to find an article and a discussion about a teen finding a finger in an arbys sandwich. I thought this threadt would be about the health benefits of eating lettuce"

You need to get rid of the little elf inside your brain that forces you to click on threads you do not want to read or hear about.

Perhaps it would have been more appropriate to post this in the "Receipies" sub forum
Well, as I just told this "Lariat" poster, the offensive text is plastered in front of our faces in the thread titles.

People come here thinking about food, not cockroaches and dismembered bodies...can you possibly grasp that concept?

Aside from that, your flooding of City-Data with errant, inate posts only since you won that $5,000 is really quite annoying and comical.

"Little elf"? Ohhhh, you SOB. Karma will get you.

(and it's quite obvious Admin. doesn't take intellect into account, going by your writing.)

Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Well, as I just told this "Lariat" poster, the offensive text is plastered in front of our faces in the thread titles.

People come here thinking about food, not cockroaches and dismembered bodies...can you possibly grasp that concept?

Aside from that, your flooding of City-Data with errant, inate posts only since you won that $5,000 is really quite annoying and comical.

"Little elf"? Ohhhh, you SOB. Karma will get you.

(and it's quite obvious Admin. doesn't take intellect into account, going by your writing.)
Is Karma the name of your elf?

He will never get me. I have an anti-elf tin foil hat.

That comment confused me. Perhaps it is my substandard intellect.

BTW I was flooding City-Data with errant, inate posts long before winning anything. Actually I think that was just a fluke. Their computer messed up the names or someone swerved their finger along the line on a list of names.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Is Karma the name of your elf?
Quote:

He will never get me. I have an anti-elf tin foil hat.

That comment confused me. Perhaps it is my substandard intellect.

BTW I was flooding City-Data with errant, inate posts long before winning anything. Actually I think that was just a fluke. Their computer messed up the names or someone swerved their finger along the line on a list of names.

I will not engage with you any further.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
I've heard of finger sandwiches but this is ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink