Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,957 times

Advertisements

That is great! I have to be honest, I'm so disgusted with most fast food at this point that I'd rather go hungry than eat it, or pop into a grocery store and pickup a yogurt (which is probably just as "FAST" food).

I remember when I was a kid Wendy's was the place to go for a baked potato, with the bar of all the different toppings. I don't know when they got rid of that but it's probably for the best because I am sure I loaded the thing up with high fat foods anyway....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yeah, it is great that you can have so much deliciousness in a sweet potato and it isnt worse for you than a plain white potato. i love sweet potatoes, i think they should replace white potatoes for the most part. but i cant convince myself to believe its really healthier. it would be nice if i could though, id eat them by the sack.
BAH! Both taters have their place, IMO.

But I REALLY like blue taters. They are just so neat and I think they taste better than reg taters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Sweet potatoes are a common ingredient in many of the premium dog foods too.
That's 'cause they are easy on digestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Cinnamon spread? That sounds AWFUL!!.

I mean, I love cinnamon, but never on a sweet potato. Yuck. They are sweet enough as it is.
You haven't eaten much real Southern food have you? Sweet taters w/brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter are pretty SOP here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
A regular russet potato is less palatable without adding additional toppings.
Eh, Like I said above, they are both good for different reasons. I wouldn't say one is better than the other though.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i love sweet potatoes, but it is funny that people have decided they are healthier than plain white potatoes.

"But in a head-to-head comparison, these two tubers are seemingly very similar. In a 100-gram portion, the white potato has 92 calories, 21 grams of carbs, 2.3 grams of dietary fiber, 2.3 g of protein and 17% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. The same amount of sweet potato, on the other hand, has 90 calories, 21 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, 35% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C and 380% of the daily recommended value of vitamin A."
I have also heard that. The only advantage sweet potatoes have over white potatoes is that they have more antioxidants which supposedly helps prevent chronic diseases.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I have also heard that. The only advantage sweet potatoes have over white potatoes is that they have more antioxidants which supposedly helps prevent chronic diseases.
in the future, i have no doubt people will be saying that eating foods high in antioxidants makes no difference whatsoever.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,749,743 times
Yams & sweet potatoes have high amount of vitamin A, unlike white potatoes.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,851,796 times
Default No more baked sweet potatoes

Wendy's took baked sweet potatoes off the menu. I guess it was supposed to be a limited time offer. I thought maybe they added to the menu as a healthy option.

My daughter stopped there with some vegan friends who had gone there specifically for the baked sweet potatoes.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:10 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times
^^^^ I just went to wendys.com and the baked potatoes are still on their menu so I'm hoping that it is an isolated incident that you daughter and friends had! ^^^^

Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,851,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
^^^^ I just went to wendys.com and the baked potatoes are still on their menu so I'm hoping that it is an isolated incident that you daughter and friends had! ^^^^
Maybe it is just in our area, they were told that baked sweet potatoes and mac and cheese were for a limited time only.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
I can't wait to see if the Wendy's restaurants in my area have sweet potatoes! I don't eat fast food often, and when I do it's almost always salad, low-fat chili or a baked potato. I like sweet potatoes cooked well, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tiny bit of salt and pepper. No need to add a bunch of fat to them. They're so good as is, and they're nutritious to boot!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,964 times
I don't do fast food either, but I haven't seen them advertised around here (Madison, WI) either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink