U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,419,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
About the only thing I'll ever eat at McD's is a Sausage McMuffin w/egg....and even that is a rarity.

Their food is complete garbage and a negative assault to anyone with taste buds. yuck
Periodically, I MIGHT get some french fries.

I have no idea when the last time I got a burger there. I just don't know why you would? Where ever there is a McDonalds, there is a better option nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Hmm, I think the last time I ate something from McDonalds was 4 years ago in a train station in Germany. Egg mcmuffin and it was actually pretty good, which may be because of the location or maybe they just exceeded my expectations. But any time I think of getting a burger or chicken sandwich or something, I can't escape the feeling that I could make something so much better in both taste and nutritional content for about the same cost.

No, the only fast food I can handle these days is Chik fil a, and that's only when my conscience doesn't stop me from patronizing them.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,854,301 times
Here's what you're eating..... http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us...ef=food_safety

Just one article of many on the subject of fast food burgers. No matter how you slice it though.... you're eating some serious crap !

Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 PM

1,673 posts, read 1,843,685 times
Well, I used to get the 2 for $2 egg & sausage muffin sandwiches. Then the price jumped to $2.22.. then $2.75.. then $3.50 ...now they're $3.75. I bailed out at $2.75.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:56 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Hmm, I think the last time I ate something from McDonalds was 4 years ago in a train station in Germany. Egg mcmuffin and it was actually pretty good, which may be because of the location or maybe they just exceeded my expectations. But any time I think of getting a burger or chicken sandwich or something, I can't escape the feeling that I could make something so much better in both taste and nutritional content for about the same cost.

No, the only fast food I can handle these days is Chik fil a, and that's only when my conscience doesn't stop me from patronizing them.
Yeah my burgers are way better, for me it's simply a case of laziness/convenience or even just going on. Since I'm stuck at home sometimes I get fast food as a reason to get out of the house.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah my burgers are way better, for me it's simply a case of laziness/convenience or even just going on. Since I'm stuck at home sometimes I get fast food as a reason to get out of the house.
I understand the feeling, but I think it's worth finding alternative fast and cheap options. We all know McDonalds is low on taste and low in nutrition, so when we're feeling hungry and lazy it's just as easy to pick up hummus and carrot sticks, or a burger from a mom and pop place, or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or a bag of nuts and peanut butter crackers from the gas station. I just don't consider McDonalds an option anymore.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
1. Cheeseburger
2. Filet of Fish
3. Quarter Pounder
4. Big Mac

Have never, ever had chicken anything from McDonald's and never will. I always thought the chicken nuggets looked nasty, with the processed "meat" they use for them. And then I heard on the news (many years ago) that maggots had been found in McDonald's stores and that the meat was from Tyson Chicken. I don't know if this was just in my city, one region of the US, or the whole US, and I didn't care. That was enough for me. I never touch chicken anything from McDonald's because of that and I will not buy Tyson products. I know that's irrational and that it could have been any restaurant/any chicken producer, but I just haven't gotten over it. And it's been YEARS since I heard that.

Of course, I heard about a man falling in a vat of Pepsi at a Pepsi bottling plant and drowning many, many years ago too, and after an initial period of being grossed out I went right back to drinking Pepsi. Don't know why that's different, but to me it is.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:50 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I understand the feeling, but I think it's worth finding alternative fast and cheap options. We all know McDonalds is low on taste and low in nutrition, so when we're feeling hungry and lazy it's just as easy to pick up hummus and carrot sticks, or a burger from a mom and pop place, or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or a bag of nuts and peanut butter crackers from the gas station. I just don't consider McDonalds an option anymore.
The Angus burger and 'premium' chicken range are changing that, they are significantly better than the regular range. I guess that's why the Angus has become part of the standard menu now? They still skimp a bit - I'd prefer un-processed cheese, but you're right there are other burger places, they're just a lot more expensive and aren't as fast. What's more, they aren't open at 3am in the morning and they don't have drive-thru. In the suburbs fast food is really only the option for the late night munchies.

Carrot sticks? I think salad actually makes me MORE hungry, if that's possible .

Old 06-03-2012, 12:52 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,200,334 times
1. Crispy Chicken
2. Grilled Chicken
3. Angus Burger
4. Double Quarter Pounder
----------
Nothing else.

I am a full supporter of McDonalds and I think the health problems Americans face is not because of McDonald's .. it's because everyone is too lazy to get up off their butt and do some exercise.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 PM

455 posts, read 486,958 times
If it weren't for the mere carbs and calories I'd think their fries are heaven sent....luv, luv them! only hot!

I also like hot, fresh mcnuggets.

If there is another restaurant around that I like which isn't the popular fast food joints, I'd tolerate mickey d's but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'll eat what I darn well please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink