Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Rank these burgers off the regular menu by how often you get them.

This is my ranking:

1. Cheeseburger
2. Quarter Pounder
3. McChicken Burger
4. Big Mac
5. Filet O'Fish

For some reason I rarely get Big Macs or Filet O'Fish: they're not bad, I just never think to get 'em. Often get cheeseburgers just for snacks.

The best burger McDonald's has ever released here in Australia must be the 'Mighty Angus' burger.

I only go to McDonald's maybe once every two weeks at most. I haven't been in over a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 12:49 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
You forgot one.
The McGangBang: a McChicken Sandwich Inside a Double Cheeseburger [a chronicle] – Eat Me Daily

I've ordered 2 chicken sandwiches before, and tossed two buns and smashed 'em together and eaten them that way. It's pretty good. In fact, that's pretty much what I get, or a 10 piece nuggets.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
On the rare occasion i go to McD i get the fishburger although i think BK does it better,
Or once in a while i get a couple of regular burgers.
Quarter pounder is too big and big Mac is too messy to eat.
Chicken? i try to steer clear of any McD's chicken products..yuck.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,980,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
On the rare occasion i go to McD i get the fishburger although i think BK does it better,
Or once in a while i get a couple of regular burgers.
Quarter pounder is too big and big Mac is too messy to eat.
Chicken? i try to steer clear of any McD's chicken products..yuck.
Haha. Almost a decade ago I remember having ordered one of those 99 cent chicken sandwiches from McDonald's and that it had silverish/grayish crap in it. That said, I didn't order it again. Not that I go to McDonald's often. However, several years ago I did have the then new premium chicken sandwich, and it wasn't bad. However, Wendy's chicken sandwiches are still far better. Even being lower quality than Wendy's, I prefer BK's chicken over McDonald's. Hardee's/Carl's Jr's chicken is good too.

As for hamburgers, I definitely prefer Hardee's/Carl's Jr, and even though it's lower quality - Burger King. It's all about the grilling vs not. Admit something? Okay. I have had 2 McDonald's hamburgers in the past 3 or 4 years and they weren't bad, though I should note I had been drinking prior to each time. I don't remember what they were called, but I think they were doubles with bacon.

All that said, props to McDonald's for improving their quality and image over the past several years.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I usually grab a couple of McD burgers when i'm traveling as they are about the only place open between 11pm and 6am.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Most of my McDonald's purchases are breakfasts when traveling/usually in airports. I usually choose the Sausage McMuffin with Egg. It's really the only fast food breakfast option I like from anywhere.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
I can count how many times I've eaten McDonald's in 5 years, and it's less than 20. It's like compressed salt and greasy meat in between buns made with high fructose corn syrup. Filling? Yep. Cheap? Yep. Good for you? Nope. I make make something salty and greasy at home that tastes 10 times better and is cheaper. Hell, a easy bake Digiorno pizza is lke 7 bucks and has 8 slices .... or a bag of turkey burgers is 12 burgers for 7 bucks. Add your own condiments and onion slices/tomato/pickles/etc... still cheaper. Thats what I think about when I think of fast food these days.

What can i buy at the corner store for 5/7/9 bucks? I always think the same thing. Go home, eat something you made yesterday. Take the 10/14/18 bucks and buy some real food. eh?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:03 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quarter Pounder. The only thing i'll have from there. More a BK man when i feel the urge to fill up with rubbish... sometimes, it's just what you need you know?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
Stopped in just a couple weeks ago to try the new drink that had been advertised constantly on tv, saying it's 100% fruit juice. It was ok but not going to get too excited about it. I also ordered the grilled chicken wrap. The other times I've gone in the past - maybe a year ago, I've had either the fish sandwich or the 1/4 pounder. Been so long since I had the Big Mac.
Not sure how many years ago that was.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:23 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Here the chicken burgers are actually pretty decent now. Love the Angus range, although maybe the bun could be toasted?

McDonald's has stepped up in quality with it's 'quality range.' I wish we had Wendy's here, and maybe In'n'Out. Carl's Jnr was nothing special.

Just had Hungry Jack's (Burger King), pretty tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink