Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 AM

821 posts, read 861,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What argument? The woman ordered a bagel if she did not state she wanted more then there should have been no question. Give her the bagel and move on with your day.

I order exactly what I want and that is all, nothing more, nothing less. If the person taking the order cannot understand clear concise English perhaps they should not be taking orders.
Not that I completely disagree, but is it really that hard to answer "no thanks"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,116,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What argument? The woman ordered a bagel if she did not state she wanted more then there should have been no question. Give her the bagel and move on with your day.

I order exactly what I want and that is all, nothing more, nothing less. If the person taking the order cannot understand clear concise English perhaps they should not be taking orders.
Or perhaps you should just leave...

Answering a simple question or arguing semantics until they call the police? I'll take the first option and be on my way enjoying my food, thanks.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
How hard is it to say no to butter or cream.
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious professor
"I just wanted a multigrain bagel," Rosenthal said. "I refused to say 'without butter or cheese.' When you go to Burger King, you don't have to list the six things you don't want."
"Linguistically, it's stupid, and I'm a stickler for correct English," she said.

If she likes Burger King that much she should go there to practice her correct English mwahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
eh, Starbucks is overrated and overpriced
Ugh, I love it anyway.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post
If you go into a shop and refuse to cooperate with the servers to the point that the police have to remove you then you are the problem. If you have an issue with how they are taking orders you have the option to leave... don't be an ass and argue with them.
And if you don't like the way Starbucks does things, then don't go to Starbucks. She's in New York. Starbucks certainly isn't the only place to get a bagel.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:46 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
My final response: "I don't have anymore patience for your idiocy...You can get me a large coffee or you can get punched in the face."
Your nose is growing.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:34 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
This bagel reminds me of a joke in another thread where a man goes into a ice cream place.
Man...what size ice cream cones do you have?.
Kid...we have small...medium and large cones.
Man...great...I'll have a small cone please.
Kid...sorry...we are out of small cones.

To date; I recently went into a chain fast food place and asked for a small cold drink.
Kid...we don't have any small drinks... only medium...large and giant.
Me...so I says give me a small...I mean your medium cold drink.

Can anyone tell me what the rational is with the names that are used in reference when it comes down to the size of a cold or hot drink?

McDonalds has a 24 oz drink available for a set price.

I would consider 12oz as small, 16oz as medium, 24oz as large...the original big three names of the past.

Anyone agree or disagree with me?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:47 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And if you don't like the way Starbucks does things, then don't go to Starbucks. She's in New York. Starbucks certainly isn't the only place to get a bagel.
I have always had a problem finding a decent cup of coffee in the city. Can't find a DD anywhere - everywhere I look it's starburned crappa thingies.

Unfortunately, finding a decent bagel with no cream cheese or pink fish or butter is not always easy either.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,189,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I have always had a problem finding a decent cup of coffee in the city ...
That's funny, those of us who experience NYC through movies and television note that unlike everywhere else, New Yorkers are drinking coffee from those Greek themed paper cups. We imagine that one can get a cup anywhere. Even the panhandlers are always equipped with one of these

NewYorkFirst.com: New York Coffee Cup (http://www.newyorkfirst.com/gifts/7073.html# - broken link)
http://www.newyorkfirst.com//img/products/big/ceramic_cups_newaa.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by quiet walker; 08-21-2010 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times
Post News, Starbucks to hike prices on 'labor intensive' drinks.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Starbucks drinks, long considered symbols of Americans' penchant to overspend, are about to get even pricier.

The coffee giant said late Wednesday that it will raise the price of "labor-intensive and larger-sized" beverages because of soaring prices of green arabica coffee beans.

Starbucks hikes drink prices due to soaring coffee cost - Sep. 22, 2010

Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times
OH NO!!!! Love my Starbucks Venti mocha frapp!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink