Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I usually try to keep the sugar intake low but it really is in everything now, so I just do what I can to be aware of how much is in what.

Just don't go for the sugar free hersheys! It's got this weird texture, it doesn't actually mix into the milk. you end up with all these little pieces of chocolate floating around.

And when you put it on ice cream, it's not runny like a syrup, it's more like a creamy, saucy texture. It did taste good, though.

This conversation definitely has me wanting the chocolate milk from the farm. I can't wait!
By mentioning Hershey's you've got me thinking about Hershey bars and Hershey's Kisses. But I do try to stay away from candy these days.

I found the TruMoo at Walmart by the way.

And I found the following...

•TruMoo starts with fresh white milk and is made at regional dairies across the U.S., including Dean’s®, Garelick Farms®, Alta Dena®, Meadow Gold®, LAND O LAKES®, Mayfield®, Tuscan® and others
Dean Foods Launches TruMoo(R) Chocolate Milk Nationwide With Lower Sugar, Fewer Calories, No High Fructose Corn Syrup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I have never heard of it but will be looking for it. I love chocolate milk, but I want the real thing, usually from the local dairy. Unfortunately, I can drink a quart (which comes in glass bottles, which I love!) all by myself, and I have to stop myself from drinking it in one sitting.
I know what you mean. I have that problem with Ice Cream. I don't eat it very often, but when I do I tend to go overboard on it. Not too long ago I went through a half gallon in less than 24 hours.

With the TruMoo I have to make an effort to make a glass of it last through my meal instead of gulping it down at once.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
Question TruMoo Chocolate Milk

First time poster to this forum. I just saw a commercial for TruMoo chocolate milk. It advertised "35% less sugar, same great taste". How is this possible? How does one take the sugar out of chocolate without changing the taste? I would think they would have to substitute something in place of the sugar. What artificial or man-made product are they using, and should it be considered "healthy" any more than natural sugar?

Sorry for the strange post, but I had my pc on the table while I was putzing, with C-D on the screen, and the question just came to me, so thought I'd write and ask "on the fly".

Thank you to all who reply.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM

709 posts, read 955,165 times
I have no idea about the answer to your question. Sorry. However, I love TruMoo chocolate milk. Had some just this morning. So far, I have found it made by 5 different dairies and while they all taste very similar, there is a slight difference.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
FAQs

It seems as though they just use less sugar. I don't know; I don't buy it.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 AM

32,644 posts, read 48,028,221 times
You can buy sugar free chocolates, so yes, it is possible to have chocolate without sugar. I suggest that you read the label to see if they are adding artificial sweeteners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink