Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM

210 posts, read 502,505 times

Advertisements

I turn to the experts of BBQ to help me with this! I have some boneless/skinless chicken breasts I want to cook up on the BBQ tonight for my husband, but I always seem to dry them out and it's terribly annoying.

What is a sure-fire way to get nice juicy chicken breasts cooked on the BBQ?

What marinade/seasonings should I use? I have bacon I can wrap them in to help keep the juices in.. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
You could marinade them with a bottle of a good Italian seasoning. I'm no expert in keeping them from drying out a bit.

Many suggestions in the food forum ...here's some!

Give me your best Chicken marinades

Old 06-17-2012, 03:05 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Marinating them always works great for me. I get asked frequently for my bbq chicken breast recipe which is nothing more than Italian salad dressing.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
You could marinade them with a bottle of a good Italian seasoning. I'm no expert in keeping them from drying out a bit.

Many suggestions in the food forum ...here's some!

Give me your best Chicken marinades
I meant Italian Dressing! Thanks Beretta!

Old 06-17-2012, 03:38 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
britishbird, I have the same problem with chicken breast meat, so I rarely eat it. Does your husband like dark meat? If so, I recommend boneless and skinless thigh meat. It really doesn't dry out and I think it has a lot more favor.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:42 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
I marinate my chicken breats overnight in a zip loc bag with either baslamic & olive oil, Italian dressing or soy suace and garlic and some lime juice. I used to dry them out too but I have learned that marinating overnight is key. Also cooking them on low to medium flame for about 5 minutes a side, check with a knife and if no longer pink they are done. If the chicken breast is thin then I do 3 minutes a side. Nothing worse than dry white meat. I agree with Kaimuki Boneless skinless thighs are better and jucier and you can mariate those too. My husband actually prefers dark meat.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:29 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,593 times
Default Bar-B-Que University,

British Bird, there is a t.v. show on cable all about grilling outside, gas and wood.
They demonstrated grilling meat over an open flame only just long enough to absorb the
smokey flavor 10-20 minutes then cook it in aluminum foil for the rest of the time.
A whole turkey is cooked 1 hr only over coals, then two or three hours covered in Foil.
Same with Beef Brisket. It really does work, in keeping the meat from drying out.
I started even grilling fish filets this way with cooking spray.
The program was called Bar-B-Que University.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
British Bird, there is a t.v. show on cable all about grilling outside, gas and wood.
They demonstrated grilling meat over an open flame only just long enough to absorb the
smokey flavor 10-20 minutes then cook it in aluminum foil for the rest of the time.
A whole turkey is cooked 1 hr only over coals, then two or three hours covered in Foil.
Same with Beef Brisket. It really does work, in keeping the meat from drying out.
I started even grilling fish filets this way with cooking spray.
The program was called Bar-B-Que University.
Good advice ...I thought about suggesting that method. I like to squeeze lemon juice on mine at or near the end of cooking. I love lemon on most things!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Sear on both sides then transfer to indirect heat (easier on a gas grill with dual controls). Brush with olive oil or seasoned sauce occasionally.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
Overcooking dries them out.

Chicken breasts can get dry really easily as they have hardly any fat.

Marinade is the go (with lots of oil), also DON'T OVERCOOK...meat does keep cooking after you remove it from the heat.

I would sear on a very high heat then cook through on a low heat.

I absolutely love chicken kebabs on the bbq, they cook quickly so drying out is not usually a problem - you can also thread veges in between the chicken which helps keep it juicy.

YUM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink