Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

I think she continues to cook what she does because that is how she cooks, it is just a bonus it ticks off people who are oh so much better than everyone else on the planet who also happen to be perfect, in good shape, eat nothing but healthy foods, always got straight A's in school, has always worked for everything they have, is a pillar of their community, has never, ever, not even one time gotten into trouble for anything at all because they are perfect, raise their own vegetables and fruits, even makes their own peanut butter from those peanuts they grow themselves that are pesticide free....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah............oh yes let's not forget they also have perfect children who were not conceived until after their were married for a gazillion years (just to make sure it was going to work out).....blah, blah, blah.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think she continues to cook what she does because that is how she cooks, it is just a bonus it ticks off people who are oh so much better than everyone else on the planet who also happen to be perfect, in good shape, eat nothing but healthy foods, always got straight A's in school, has always worked for everything they have, is a pillar of their community, has never, ever, not even one time gotten into trouble for anything at all because they are perfect, raise their own vegetables and fruits, even makes their own peanut butter from those peanuts they grow themselves that are pesticide free....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah............oh yes let's not forget they also have perfect children who were not conceived until after their were married for a gazillion years (just to make sure it was going to work out).....blah, blah, blah.............
wow!! I wonder where you got your idea about those of us who don't happen to care for her? I know, for one I don't fit the sinerio (spelling) you just discribed. I just am bored with her and think she has run her course. For those who still enjoy her, that is fine. I am sure many do, but we all have our ideas about people and personalities.

Nita

Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I think she appeals to the older stoner crowd.
what is that supposed to mean? I am the older crowd but the stoner part I just don't get?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
Quote:

I would like to see her use her show as a forum to demonstrate healthier recipes. It would be very informative and a great service to diabetics to see some real down-home southern-style cooking modified to fit a diabetic diet.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM

237 posts, read 499,467 times
Aww, bless her big ol' baboon heart, yaaawl...

I couldn't care less if what she cooks is unhealthy, but most of it crosses the line into plain gross.
How does deep frying a cheesecake improve the product?

I like chocolate, and I like thanksgiving dinner. But unlike Paula Deen, I'm not likely to brine a turkey in Nestles Quik and heavy cream.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
You can get deep fried everything, including oreos, chocolate covered bacon, and yes, cheesecake, on a stick at the Wisconsin State Fair.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times
Thats beyond gross, I saw an article on deep fried cereal the other day, that was gross too.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
LOL. I tried to rep you.
I like Paula Dean. So she deep fried cheese cake. Big whoop. It's not like thats all she cooks. She is a southern cook and cooks southern foods. I watched an entire show of deep fried stuff from all over the country. The stadium in Nashville featured cheeseburgers between krispy Kreme donuts. Its not like people eat them often.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. I tried to rep you.
I like Paula Dean. So she deep fried cheese cake. Big whoop. It's not like thats all she cooks. She is a southern cook and cooks southern foods. I watched an entire show of deep fried stuff from all over the country. The stadium in Nashville featured cheeseburgers between krispy Kreme donuts. Its not like people eat them often.
I totally agree with ya' both

Paula Deen deep frying cheesecake....what's the big deal?? Not like I'm going to try it, but I have used her cookbooks & her recipes are some of the best.

I am so tired of the self righteous folks that wanna take their shots at Paula Deen. She has some great recipes; why is she the only tv cook to criticize here?
If you ask me, there's quite a few who can't even cook- Rachel Ray, is the top choice there, btw. As for most boring to watch, Rick Bayless.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I would like to see her use her show as a forum to demonstrate healthier recipes. It would be very informative and a great service to diabetics to see some real down-home southern-style cooking modified to fit a diabetic diet.

Really? I have a husband who is diabetic and I can take any of Paula's recipes or anyone else's recipe and adapt it to my husbands diet and I have never had any "proper" culinary training. I also have a major health issue that is incurable and I adapt anything we wish to eat for our appropriate dietary needs.

Anyone with a partial brain should know that dishes prepared on television are for the "wow" factor of the food being prepared and those dishes are not meant to be prepared every single meal every single day of your life. Any food can be consumed in moderation and you can remain healthy and lose weight, moderation is the key just like anything else you as an individual must control what you do to yourself, your family and your body. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Paula Dean, not Bobby Flay, not your Mother, Father, long lost cousin from Antartica.............YOU.

So grow up already, take responsibility for your own actions, use your brain and make the decision to live healthy and induldge from time to time..............MODERATION.

Cripes, already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink