U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM

68,699 posts, read 78,731,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Scenario

Wow! I am sure I got my idea about those of you who don't happen to care for her from .............YOU and YOUR WORDS posted about her.
My heavens, did I or any of us ever post about how perfect we were, or how we eat nothing but healthy foods etc? Certainly not me. I just happen to think she has overdone the accent and even the southern cooking and remember I live in the south.. I think we all have ideas about certain people, especially celebrities and forums like we are on now give all of us a chance to voice our opinions without taking comments too personally. That is one reason I have always loved this particular forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:34 PM

28,572 posts, read 15,812,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Vile? Yes.
Would I have a bite? Yes.
I'd be right there with you!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 PM

2,637 posts, read 5,918,036 times
Lightbulb hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am glad I no longer pay any attention to her. I think her days of being the Southern Star have about come to an end. Now, it is her son they are promoting. I will will stick with a few other stars and soon to be stars thank you. I believe there was a time many of us liked her, got a kick out of her accent (which btw I think is phony, but what do I know) and actually thought some of her recipes were worth trying, calories or not. Now, they are just plain over the edge.
The gay one? Bobbie, right?
K

Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 PM

2,637 posts, read 5,918,036 times
Exclamation huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what is that supposed to mean? I am the older crowd but the stoner part I just don't get?
I'm the 'older stoner crowd' and she does not ring my chimes. After I saw how oppulant she lives on her special w/Oprah I've been totally turned off on her. She's lost it. She's not funny or cute in any way, shape or form. And if Oprah, Gayle or anyone else thinks that old Broad waddles out to her pond every morning in her flannel nightgown w/a fishing pole then good luck to ya'll...
Koale

Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,106,168 times
You don't deep fry a cheese cake.....I'll pass on this one.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,718,989 times
What a way to ruin a perfectly good cheesecake.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,210,933 times
She is on the cover of "People" magazine...crowing about her weight loss...I wonder if this deep fried cheesecake was on her diet? She is uber wealthy...probably had a personal trainer every day...and plastic surgery to get rid of the excess skin on her face. What a hypocrite. Will she still be touting her fattening food on "Food Network"? This will be interesting...!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:34 AM

2,867 posts, read 4,430,484 times
I don't have a problem with deep-frying. I don't really have a problem with deep frying cheesecake. It's a clever way of turning a plated dessert into a hand-held one. She should've made a full stop at that point. But she just can't seem to help it, going overboard with all the powdered sugar, sauces, and whipped cream. That makes no sense, basically putting a fried eggroll crust on something that doesn't need one. At least when you deep-fry and candy bar it melts together inside a crunchy coat and turns it into something else entirely. There's no idea here. Paula needs to introduce "Let's not." into her interior dialogue.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM

15,330 posts, read 3,136,911 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Paula Fries a Cheesecake - YouTube

I LOL'd. I'm surprised she didn't set it in a gravy bowl and melt a stick of butter on top, before she added the powdered sugar, chocolate syrup and ..... fresh whipped cream.
I dare say that sprig of mint on top was embarrassed to be a part of that concoction.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:10 PM

22,410 posts, read 28,266,043 times
id be happy to try it. i dont see anything wrong with it. some of the comments by people here make me nervous of how much power will be given to the government to tell us what we can or cant eat. its not her fault that people are fat, there is room for deep fried cheese cake in everyone's diet if they want it. if you get fat for eating too many high calorie foods, thats nobody's fault but your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink