U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 AM

2,905 posts, read 6,422,327 times

Advertisements

banana
dried fruit (raisin, apricot, dates)
cheese stick
Yogurt cup
yogurt tube, frozen or not
goldfish
cookie
fruit leather
fresh cut fruit (melon, strawberries, apple slices, orange wedges)
cut veggies (carrot, green pepper, celery)
granola bar
pudding cup
diced fruit in a cup
jello cup

I like to give things like grapes and a carrot, so easy to cut up one carrot for a snack.

It really depends on what your dd likes to eat.

This year my dd's preschool is like yours was last year, we send in a snack for the whole class. I love this idea (though I don't necessarily like the idea of my kid eating food out of random people's houses) because dd gets a variety of stuff I might never even thought of, and trying new things goes over better with her when she is eating it with a bunch of other kids who are eating it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 06:45 PM

2,178 posts, read 4,712,857 times
Cold Mac & Cheese?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,209,627 times
There are really cute ideas on here and even the lunches could be adapted to snack size.

Wendolonia bentos

Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,547,956 times
Default Snack suggestions needed

I teach appraising for a proprietary school that provides classes in several states. Most classes are for continuing education for real estate appraisers. Many of the classes are for upgrades for their licenses. We have anywhere from 2 to 25 students at a class. Traditionally, most schools provide a snack, some coffee, some soft drinks, and bottled water. Traditionally the snack was donuts, and quite frankly when I began teaching I began insisting that we not poison people who are attending our classes. So I began providing a small assortment of cheese, some slices of melon (watermelon or cantaloupe or honeydew or some of all of them), and whatever fruit is in season (bananas, cherrys, strawberrys, grapes, etc). I have done some canape type stuff (tortilla/cream cheese/green chili rollups......things like that). But I am looking for both suggestions and recipes for different things. I thought about wings, but I don't like them if they aren't hot.

I also need lunch ideas.....as part of tuition we provide lunch, and I am tired of subway, pizza, and burgers.....besides I don't think it is all that good for the participants. I need something filling enough to maintain energy, but light enough they don't need (or start) to nap.........

Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,756,089 times
have something catered if the funds are available to do so
at the last law firm I worked at they would have places like Baja Fresh bring in catered lunch...not sure where you're located but Baja Fresh is a fresh/healthy mexican restaurant/cafe place and they would bring in tacos, chips & salsa and I believe beans...it was yummy and a nice change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink