U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 PM

4,470 posts, read 6,613,838 times

Advertisements

I have some nice beef ribs (wife likes those) and pork ribs (for me) and doing a BBQ (slow)
and hope they fall off the bone.
Got to have some corn on the cob and will try again to cook it on the coals...worked ok last time.

And I saw a local store with the real Texas watermelons (striped kind w/seeds) so that should do it.
Along with a Coor's lite or two.

All this after the "BRANDING" IS DONE at a local ranch where I help out

Have a great 4th and salute the flag..

HW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM

4,663 posts, read 5,907,077 times
THere will be people in and out here all day, so there will be lots of variety I will start the day off with sausage,bacon, and country ham biscuits, lots of juice and milk.

As the day progresses there will be bbq boston butt, ribs, and chicken; along with hamburgers and hot dogs. These will be accompanied by baked beans, jumbalaya, roastedcorn on the cobb, cole slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, roasted squash, sliced tomatoes, green beans with new potatoes, and a wide assortment of breads.

To round all this off there will be at least one freezer of icecream, a dozen assorted pies, a couple of cakes, and my husband brought home 5 watermellons today.

?LOts og water,soda, sweet tea, beer, wine.

Along with this my large group of family and friendswill use loads of sun screen and pool towels. Oh yes, I can't forget firecrackers and Roman Candles.

Happy Independence Day everyone! Celebrate your freedom.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:04 PM

3,168 posts, read 4,154,040 times
I'm doing ribs, corn on the cob, potato salad, chicken, baked beans, and ice cream. I will have a couple mixed drinks, too.

Then I will settle in for the show that I am fortunate enough to watch from my patio.

And btw I hope someone is hosting a Twilight Zone marathon!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 AM

4,470 posts, read 6,613,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
THere will be people in and out here all day, so there will be lots of variety I will start the day off with sausage,bacon, and country ham biscuits, lots of juice and milk.

As the day progresses there will be bbq boston butt, ribs, and chicken; along with hamburgers and hot dogs. These will be accompanied by baked beans, jumbalaya, roastedcorn on the cobb, cole slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, roasted squash, sliced tomatoes, green beans with new potatoes, and a wide assortment of breads.

To round all this off there will be at least one freezer of icecream, a dozen assorted pies, a couple of cakes, and my husband brought home 5 watermellons today.

Along with this my large group of family and friendswill use loads of sun screen and pool towels. Oh yes, I can't forget firecrackers and Roman Candles.

We will be there if I can remember how to get there: now the address again was?

I think you have all your bases covered..
Have a great day.
HW and Suninhair.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 AM

16,935 posts, read 19,672,707 times
Going to my SIL house tomorrow and not sure what she is having but I am making dark chocolate Ghiardeli brownies to bring over.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:51 AM

3,290 posts, read 2,180,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post

Damn! I wish I could be at your house for the holiday.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
I have some nice beef ribs (wife likes those) and pork ribs (for me) and doing a BBQ (slow)
and hope they fall off the bone.
Got to have some corn on the cob and will try again to cook it on the coals...worked ok last time.

And I saw a local store with the real Texas watermelons (striped kind w/seeds) so that should do it.
Along with a Coor's lite or two.

All this after the "BRANDING" IS DONE at a local ranch where I help out

Have a great 4th and salute the flag..

HW
Because we are going to daughters tonight I am guessing we will spend a quiet day tomorrow. I will make potato salad, probably try Lubby's recipe, maybe we will grill a whole chicken or ribs and we have lots of veggies to choose from. It won't be anything special. Our daughter is having her best friend, recently divorced up for a few days. She arrives tomorrow, think we will do something with her in a few more days; sorta a late celebration..

And to all a Happy 4th, remember why we celebrate and who's birthday it is...I am proud to be an American. Nita

Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM

16,227 posts, read 21,981,509 times
We are doing beef ribs, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Potato salad,BBq beans,deviled eggs, cupcakes, and cheesecake. Smores later, for the kids, and ice cream cones.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,643,324 times
We will be having burgers and hot dogs, corn on the cob, salad, baked beans, and potato salad. Dessert will be after fireworks and we usually stop at Rita's for Alex's lemonade gelati.

Happy 4th to all. We live in the best country in the world!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,112,900 times
Attending our 4th of July parade in the morning and the party starts around 4pm. Having 10 people over for the holiday, that said: Pulled pork, brisket-smoked low and slow, hot dogs, mets, brats, cole slaw, baked beans, potato salad, fruit salad. COLD beer and wine, iced tea and lemonade, soda and my wife's frozen lemonade pie for desert after the fireworks display.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or