Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:02 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Salad spinner, I always just wash the lettuce, and dry it with paper towels...why did I buy that thing?
I had one that was given to me and I never used it. I sold it on ebay for $10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 03:05 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,451,961 times
I once got a twee garnish set, knives and special cutters and a book on how to make fruit and vegetable decorations. Granted, it's a cute idea and I certainly like knowing how to do things. But why this person thought I'd be interested in carving precious radish roses is beyond me. What's worrisome is were I to die, she's the type who'd want to be in charge of all the funeral arrangements. Just based on a gift like that I can imagine the godawful music choices and mawkish memorials based on her nostalgia and sensibilities, not mine. It reminds me that I really need to plan ahead...careful out there, people.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:17 PM

289 posts, read 175,160 times
Single cup coffee maker.
Bought new, have never used.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,928 times
Bread Machine.
Least used gadget.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Yogurt maker. I used it every week for a few months, now it's taking up cupboard space.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
Record Player. Does that count as a gadget?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
A crock pot. I've had two over the years. Funny story actually...The first one I bought a long time ago at an after Xmas sale at Walmart or Target, I can't remember which, and it sat unopened for a couple years before I got the urge to try it. Upon opening it I discovered it was used and hadn't been cleaned properly, probably a returned gift, and was so gross I just tossed it and lost interest. A couple years later I bought one from Amazon after reading glowing reviews. I promptly opened and saw that it was clean and new but it's still never been used after all these years.

I've had other things that were tried and discarded because I don't like storing stuff, but I can't let go of that damn crock pot!! I WILL use it!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A crock pot. I've had two over the years. Funny story actually...The first one I bought a long time ago at an after xmas sale at Walmart or Target, I can't remember which, and it sat unopened for a couple years before I got the urge to try it. Upon opening it I discovered it was used and hadn't been cleaned properly, probably a returned gift, and was so gross I just tossed it and lost interest. A couple years later I bought one from Amazon after reading glowing reviews. I promptly opened and saw that it was clean and new but it's still never been used after all these years.

I've had other things that were tried and discarded becasue I don't like storing stuff, but I can't let go of that damn crock pot!! I WILL use it!
Give it a try; it's really good for certain things. I don't know how big yours is so you'll need to determine quantities.

A piece of beef chuck
Carrots, potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, onions, sliced bell pepper (these come out very well)
a small amount of water and a couple of bullion cubes
salt, pepper, and whatever other herbs and spices strike your fancy
cook on low for a long time

I first brown the beef by placing it about 8" below the broiler (not in the crockpot) . Watch it and turn when you like the color. Browning this way does not require oil which vitiates the taste.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Food dehydrator. It's as big as the breadmaker - but at least I bake bread every couple months. I think the dehydrator was used once.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
My absolute least used (maybe used it one time) is a S'mores maker.
S'mores maker? Aren't those called "sticks?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink