U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 PM

9,852 posts, read 7,964,557 times
Default Name one gadget you own and never use.

Pizza slicer. I just use a knife. Couple of rocking motions and you're done. I remember my mom had a melon baller that never saw the outside of the drawer for ...a decade, at least.

Last edited by 70Ford; 07-10-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM

98,577 posts, read 25,146,738 times
We have many I know....

Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 AM

16,455 posts, read 11,444,115 times
I have a favorite strainer I always use and a big one I nevr use. I don't know why I juget rid of it. I have a breadmaker I use once in a blue moon as well.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:03 AM

3,891 posts, read 2,183,537 times
I have so many! What really comes to mind gadget wise is a juicer - I can't remember the last time I used it. I prefer to just eat my fruit and veggies raw to get the fiber. I used it when I first got it, and juiced everything - turnip greens, carrots, beets, apples. Just seemed like a lot of work and mess for a glass of juice that didn't really taste all that good anyway.

I've got a bunch of other stuff, too that I can't remember the last time I used - like an automatic donut/cream puff filler with three interchangeable hoppers, and an apple peeler/corer.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 AM

25,174 posts, read 30,885,109 times
My mother-in-law gave me a rice cooker. I don't eat rice ...

Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 AM

868 posts, read 1,584,523 times
I rushed out and bought one of those beautiful yellow lemon squeezers. I think I may have used it once. When I use it I love it but never use the thing. That's what happens when you watch too much Food Network.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 13 days ago)

48,948 posts, read 40,358,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
I rushed out and bought one of those beautiful yellow lemon squeezers. I think I may have used it once. When I use it I love it but never use the thing. That's what happens when you watch too much Food Network.
and that is one thing I use almost daily. I use the pizza slicer as well, but we don't eat pizza too often. The melon baller, that is one I don't think I have ever used, but it was given to me. The other one is the veggie slicer. I love the way it slices the veggies so evenly, but I always forget to use it. I have it in a cupboard that is not where I keep other things. Maybe I need to move it, what do ya thing?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 AM

9,909 posts, read 10,950,487 times
We found the juicer while cleaning out the basement--never used. I don't make homemade pasta any longer, so I have an pasta maker also in the basement. I had a truffle slicer (after watching Rachael Ray) in my Amazon basket but did remove it. I think I have only had truffles in risotto (I actually thought truffles were only upscale chocolates for many years), so I also watch too much TV.

I wish that I had kept my electric fondue maker and electric crepe maker.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM

2,190 posts, read 1,724,011 times
Food Processor.

I got it with a gift card and have yet to use the damned thing, and it's huge. It's been sitting in my cabinet this whole time. One of these days when I have more reasons to get fancy with my cooking, I'll break it out.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 13 days ago)

48,948 posts, read 40,358,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
We found the juicer while cleaning out the basement--never used. I don't make homemade pasta any longer, so I have an pasta maker also in the basement. I had a truffle slicer (after watching Rachael Ray) in my Amazon basket but did remove it. I think I have only had truffles in risotto (I actually thought truffles were only upscale chocolates for many years), so I also watch too much TV.

I wish that I had kept my electric fondue maker and electric crepe maker.
I don't have an electric crepe maker, but I do have a creme pan cause I love to make them. Anyway, a few weeks ago I decided to use my small fry pan instead of digging to the back of the cupboard for the creme pan, the fry pan actually worked better I think...

Ms J: I have a huge processer and if I didn't do so much canning I too would not like it, but I because I do can, I would be lost without it. I also have a little, 4 cup one I use for everyday type of stuff.

Last edited by nmnita; 07-11-2012 at 10:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink