U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 AM

3,735 posts, read 2,247,339 times
Blue Hill at Stone Barns

An 8-course meal for two with wine pairings for each course, cost $660 in total.
And that wasn't even the most expensive option on the menu!

We went for our wedding anniversary. It was an outstanding experience all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 AM

3,364 posts, read 5,646,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1249 View Post
blue hill at stone barns

an 8-course meal for two with wine pairings for each course, cost $660 in total.
And that wasn't even the most expensive option on the menu!

We went for our wedding anniversary. It was an outstanding experience all around.
yikes!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Honestly I think this could go into the Relationship forum as I think it has more to do with your Uncle being a cheap assed jerk than anything else. BTW you didnt identify the restaurant.
lol - yea, probably!

I think it was Texas d'Brazil. (I didn't remember the name of it until I read back through some of the other responses). They brought the meat 'round each table on skewers and then the salads and sides were served on a buffet table in the center of the restaurant - my kids and hubby are not adventurous eaters, so they ate meat. And dessert. And nothing else. Sooo not worth it.

By choice, the most we've spent for the four of us was about $100 before tip - at Saltgrass. They have them here in TX, but we first went to one in Colorado Springs, and feel that the steaks they serve in CO were seasoned MUCH better than what they offer here in TX - go figure!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 11 days ago)

48,926 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
lol - yea, probably!

I think it was Texas d'Brazil. (I didn't remember the name of it until I read back through some of the other responses). They brought the meat 'round each table on skewers and then the salads and sides were served on a buffet table in the center of the restaurant - my kids and hubby are not adventurous eaters, so they ate meat. And dessert. And nothing else. Sooo not worth it.

By choice, the most we've spent for the four of us was about $100 before tip - at Saltgrass. They have them here in TX, but we first went to one in Colorado Springs, and feel that the steaks they serve in CO were seasoned MUCH better than what they offer here in TX - go figure!
We used to eat at Saltgrass in Lewisville. I don't think we ever spent that much, but think we mainly went for lunch. As for the Texas D' Brazil, we ate at one or one similar, in Grapevine and I think it was about $30 a person but worth every penny. The salad bar was the best I have ever had, not the largest but the best and so was the meat..

Nita

Old 07-26-2012, 01:13 PM

289 posts, read 67,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
We once spent about $250 for the four of us (hubby, kids and myself) for LUNCH!
What a story, sskkc!

Have you had another opportunity to visit Medieval Times?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
What a story, sskkc!

Have you had another opportunity to visit Medieval Times?
Yes, we moved near Dallas a year after that and they have one here. So -that year for my birthday we took all the gift $$ people spent and took the kids. We had a fabulous time - I think it was $200 for the four of us - but that was including a show and "premiere" seats, plus souvenirs. It was so much fun!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We used to eat at Saltgrass in Lewisville. I don't think we ever spent that much, but think we mainly went for lunch. As for the Texas D' Brazil, we ate at one or one similar, in Grapevine and I think it was about $30 a person but worth every penny. The salad bar was the best I have ever had, not the largest but the best and so was the meat..

Nita
We went to one in Chicago - the sides and salad bar were 'different' - no iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices and ranch dressing there! $30pp would've been nice. I think it was something like $55pp plus drinks and dessert and tip. Again - for LUNCH. I don't remember if the meat was worth it. I know hubby (carnivore extraordinaire) said he thought it was 'ok', but I think that was after the check!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,790,439 times
For my 40th birthday last year my husband surprised me by taking me to Rothman's steak house. I had been there twice before. The suprise was 27 people waiting for me. Close friends and Immediate family. I am not sure what the total bill was but I think it may have been $1,000. I don't think that's bad for that many people. I could be mistaken and it may have been more. Best Steaks and sides I have ever had. Everyone got to order what ever they wanted for an appetizer, main course & dessert. My husband picked the sides.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM

85 posts, read 48,708 times
I went to a local Greek restaurant with my fiancée, and I payed around 500 - 600 Swedish kronor for the visit... $72 - $86.40... for ONE person... sure, the food was outstanding but that was one expensive dinner...

Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM

10,279 posts, read 10,984,182 times
My ex paid over $700 for us two at Capital Grille in Miami. It included two $150 shots of Louis the thirteenth for him so technically it was over $400 in food only..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink