U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a coffee connoisseur?
Yes, it has to be brewed in a drip coffee maker 9 33.33%
Yes, has to be brewed in a French press 10 37.04%
Yes, has to be brewed some other way. 6 22.22%
No, I can drink any kind of coffee. No preference, really. 3 11.11%
No, but it has to be a name brand instant coffee. Off brands are pretty vile. 2 7.41%
Fresh beans or it's not happening. 8 29.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 12:47 AM
17,048 posts, read 15,337,342 times

Maxwell House or Folgers instant coffee is perfectly fine with me. But I do have a personal one cup coffee maker that I use. I get a coffee which is what my favorite restaurant uses. I never get coffee at a restaurant, its fresh brewed iced tea or water. But you can choose your beverage at the restaturant and serve yourself, so at the end of the meal when I have dessert, I'll have a cup of coffee.
Is it the best coffee? I don't know but I like its taste. I also remember their jingle from a Philadelphia talk radio station from back in the 90s. And I can buy it at the grocery store owned by the same family that runs the restaurant.
And its the same coffee we get at work. Thats ironic. One place I relate with stress and drudgery, one I relate with relaxation and enjoyment and both have the same coffee.
I see people at work bringing in cups of coffee from outside and while I'm sure its good coffee, I just can't see dropping over a dollar on coffee when you can get it free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or