Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times

Advertisements

I cook up a pound a a time, then refrigerate it. It will keep for a long time in the fridge. All you have to do is put it in a container, then pull out what you need and throw it in the microwave for a few seconds. It tastes great. I do it all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Ditsy- because I don't want my house to smell of cooking odors, because I have counter surfer cats and because i don't like to leave my house with dirty pots and pans sitting around.

This is not a housekeeping thread- it is about cooking bacon. your name suits you well.
Sorry. I wasn't trying to be dense. You were the one that brought up housekeeping/cleaning in your original post.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM

311 posts, read 634,673 times
Quote:
We just don't have time for me to fix a good hot breakfast from scratch so I've been considering partially frying bacon and storing it in the fridge and then finish cooking it by portion each morning. I'm sure this isn't a new idea but I've never done it before.

Anything I need to know before I try this? one thing I'm afraid of is I might end up cooking the whole lb of bacon and then eating it by myself when i get them off to school. I do love me some bacon and now that they are talking about how scarce it is going to be, Bacon is all I think of.

I answered my own question. Google is our very best friend

suggestions for pre-cooking & storing Bacon

I rarely buy bacon any more for the same reason.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Eh, the idea of anything but freshly fried crispy bacon doesn't appeal to me.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I would get up 20 minutes earlier rather than have partially cooked or leftover bacon but we like our bacon as fresh as possible.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Ditsy- because I don't want my house to smell of cooking odors, because I have counter surfer cats and because i don't like to leave my house with dirty pots and pans sitting around.

This is not a housekeeping thread- it is about cooking bacon. your name suits you well.
Pretty rude response. Especially since u mentioned cleaning frustrations earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink