Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM

149 posts, read 268,513 times

Advertisements

One of my friends, many years ago, had a sub sandwhich that had a largte amount of mayo on it. Later on that day he got sick and was throwing up for the nexy 24 hours. Ever since that point in time, he never ever eats anything with mayo on it, nor any sauce that has mayo as a base. Odds are it had nothing to do with the mayo itself, but now just the smell of it makes him nauseous.

Another friend of mine was dirt poor in college and pretty much lived off of hot dogs. He thought they were great, so he pretty much had hotdogs everyday for about a year. After that point and to this day he won't touch one.

Are there any foods will you never eat again because they remind you of bad experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,759,643 times
Indian food because it was served at a company Christmas party where everyone, including me, got wasted and did stupid things and then puked.

Sangria ( not a food ) due to teenage stupidity.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:53 PM

41,737 posts, read 74,692,347 times
Apricot brandy, for reasons mentioned above.

After a bout of food poisoning, I couldn't eat hamburgers for about a year. It wasn't the burger that made me sick, it was just the last thing I ate before I did.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,608,003 times
This is really stupid: I decided to try a mushroom burger from Carl's Junior because I had never tried one of their burgers before as I was new to California. There was a crazy customer (who had obviously forgotten his meds) who was walking towards me as I was walking to a table to eat my food. He reached out like he was going to slap me in the face and instead slapped his hands together loudly and screamed "You b*tch!" right into my face (spittle flying). I had both hands occupied with my tray and I sat it down on a table ready to defend myself and one of the fast food workers said she was going to call the police. I just walked to the other side of the restaurant (well away from this psycho) and told the girl not to bother. She asked him to leave and he hurled another female customer's food tray to the floor, screamed "F**K everybody!" and ran out.

I was already shaken up but I figured I might as well go ahead and eat my burger and get the hell out of there. The mushrooms on the burger were slimy and left an unattractive gray smear across the burger (It made me think of the Stephen King short story Gray Matter), the burger looked totally unappetizing and I just threw it in the garbage and left. I've never been back to Carl's Junior since, so I still don't know if their burgers actually taste decent.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,551,934 times
I no longer eat meat, but even when I did, I couldn't eat roast beef sandwiches after getting really sick off one as a kid. Same with Tootsie Rolls. Ate myself sick on a Girl Scout camping trip in the fourth grade and haven't touched one since.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,551,934 times
Oh, and alcohol? Cranberry vodka. Oh God noooooooo. I think I'd barf if I smelled it.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,213,800 times
"Food aversion". I cannot stand the smell of Jello, the texture....as for being over served alcohol....I was so averse to the smell of alcohol for awhile even vanilla extract made me ill.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 AM

149 posts, read 268,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Apricot brandy, for reasons mentioned above.

After a bout of food poisoning, I couldn't eat hamburgers for about a year. It wasn't the burger that made me sick, it was just the last thing I ate before I did.
I can imagine that. Apricot brandy doesn't sound too appealing to begin with.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,286,213 times
Most recently - chestnuts. My beloved chestnuts. Cannot ever eat them again after my last time, it was a horrific, all night long agonizing ordeal that went on into the next day. I had to ask my next door neighbor to take my daughter to school. If I kept firearms in the house I'm pretty sure I would have used one that night, after my tenth encounter with Mr. Porcelain I stopped counting.

My family knows better than to mention the 'C' word around me.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 AM

1,413 posts, read 4,469,506 times
Cream Cheese in anything, insta vomit. Chicken Parm as well, got food poisoning once, now my stomach turns when I see it or smell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink