U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 AM

4,739 posts, read 5,448,424 times
I don't recommend the Taco, Nacho or Three cheese HH in parts of Georgia where they cook with sulfur water. They should have a warning on the label.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 AM

2,522 posts, read 288,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
That's cute. She would probably like "Shake & Bake" if you told her that was a fav of the (old) time, too. I think they make this, still...I saw it a few years ago and laughed out loud at how bad it was! Still, when you are a kid, it's kind of fun. I mean, kool-aid is pretty gross...but making it is fun and the colors are pretty!

You sound like a nice Mommy. By the way, try the Kraft mac & cheese with lean ground turkey and 1 T chile powder. If you split it 4 ways and serve it with broccoli (goes well with the cheese gooey-ness) you are actually making a pretty healthy meal. Some chopped tomato on top of the mac makes it more appealing and adds more nutrition.
That sounds quite yummy. I have to be careful around Mac and cheese. Once again, I will eat the entire box and fall asleep. When you eat starch, for some reason, you're body does not register "full". I just says more, more, more...

Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,188,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
That's cute. She would probably like "Shake & Bake" if you told her that was a fav of the (old) time, too. I think they make this, still...I saw it a few years ago and laughed out loud at how bad it was! Still, when you are a kid, it's kind of fun. I mean, kool-aid is pretty gross...but making it is fun and the colors are pretty!

You sound like a nice Mommy. By the way, try the Kraft mac & cheese with lean ground turkey and 1 T chile powder. If you split it 4 ways and serve it with broccoli (goes well with the cheese gooey-ness) you are actually making a pretty healthy meal. Some chopped tomato on top of the mac makes it more appealing and adds more nutrition.
You know I did a casserole similar to your recipe with the exception, I didn't use the box mac & cheese. I browned the ground turkey and seasoned it with some diced onions, chile powder and other misc. seasonings; boiled elbows and then layered the elbows, meat mixture, shredded cheese, broccoli, and marinara sauce. It was great, definitely better than HH

BTW: Shake & Bake - oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 PM

2,522 posts, read 288,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
You know I did a casserole similar to your recipe with the exception, I didn't use the box mac & cheese. I browned the ground turkey and seasoned it with some diced onions, chile powder and other misc. seasonings; boiled elbows and then layered the elbows, meat mixture, shredded cheese, broccoli, and marinara sauce. It was great, definitely better than HH

BTW: Shake & Bake - oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yum, yum, yum. Serve it to me with a strawberry milkshake please !!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 AM

2,072 posts, read 8,198,708 times
The only HH I like is the beef noodle. I only buy it once in a blue moon. Tuna Helper I won't buy - it's gross and I can make my own from scratch.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:10 PM

238 posts, read 553,818 times
I love hamburger helper and make it maybe twice a month. I've yet to find it that cheap though.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 PM

312 posts, read 751,596 times
I've only tried Hamburger Helper once and honestly, I can't stand it. I'd much rather make my own food from scratch.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 PM

12,589 posts, read 7,927,405 times
You can nuke a couple of potatoes, and some frozen carrots, and brown some hamburger and mix it together with some spices & a jar or two of Heinz gravy and it is really good and you know what you are getting.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 AM

690 posts, read 1,680,491 times
I LOVED Hamburger Helper as a kid. Yum. Now, not so much. My daughter, however, thinks it's great, and I have to explain to her why I won't buy it, AGAIN, every time we go to the grocery store. LOL!

We eat it about 2-4 times a year, for a treat for her. She adores Cheeseburger Macaroni. If I'm going to eat it, I'd prefer Chicken Helper. They used to have this Southwest Chicken flavor that wasn't bad at all, but I guess they got rid of it. I make my own version, though, and it's great.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,343,237 times
I find anything with carbs make me so hungry the next day and that is loaded with carbs. I love it though, just don't eat it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink