U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,482,704 times

Advertisements

I was at Target today, and found a 2.5 lb "Archer Farms Cook-in-Bag Homestyle Boneless Turkey breast." Has anyone tried this, and, if so, how was it? I grabbed once since they only had a few left. We're having a small Thanksgiving this year, and I wanted to do just a turkey breast so we have an entree and some leftovers for sandwiches.

If you have tried it, would love to know what you thought! TIA

Last edited by didee; 11-15-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM

12,380 posts, read 12,410,575 times
Oh! OH! My husband and I bought one a few months ago. I don't even like turkey, so I made it for him one evening. It smelled so good that I had to have a taste. Remember -- I don't like turkey. Thanksgiving is wasted on me -- I subsist on potatoes and stuffing. But I tasted this turkey. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!

We didn't use the gravy packet that's inside. I just tossed that. I melted some butter and shmeared it on. Shook some paprika on it, and threw it in the oven. My husband was running late so it was in the oven for what seemed like forever. I figured that I'd dried it out but what did I care? I wasn't going to eat it. Well. It wasn't dried out and it was yummy, yummy in the tummy.

ETA: Wait. Now I'm not sure we're talking about the same turkey. I don't remember it being called "Cook in Bag" -- I took mine out of the wrapper. I also think that the one that we bought was on a bone. Damn. I was all excited to give you the good news and now I'm not sure.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,482,704 times
Thanks DandJ! Did you cook it in the bag? Did you get the "cook-in-bag one" boneless one or the regular (bony) Archer Farms breast? Mine doesn't have gravy packet inside (unless it's going to be a surprise, but the directions say not to take it out of the bag until after cooking).

Does Artie get turkey?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM

12,380 posts, read 12,410,575 times
Ah! You must not have seen my ETA. I think it's a different turkey. Mine wasn't a cook in the bag... and I'm almost positive that it had a bone. I must have gotten the "regular (bony)" one. Sorry!

Artie, my delicate flower with the super-sensitive stomach? Good God, no. No turkey for him. I couldn't risk it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink