Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times

Advertisements

Lean Cuisine's Baja-Style Queso Dip with Pita Bread -- official description was "poblano & red peppers with roasted corn in a spicy cheddar cheese sauce with pita bread", though the dip wasn't a yellow cheesy-looking dip but a reddish dip that was mildly spicy. I loved this stuff, quickly became "addicted", though it was only on the market a short time, then poof, gone, darn it! I even wrote to LC when I couldn't find it anymore and they stated it was pulled from the market and was no longer being made. Had I known beforehand, I would have bought enough of it myself to make it a success!

While they're still making their spinach artichoke dip w/pita bread - and I like it okay - 'tis nothing compared to the baja-style queso. So, if anybody has a recipe for this style queso dip, I'd love to have it, please!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:50 AM

304 posts, read 1,019,145 times
Planter's PB Crisps (chocolate filled wafer-like peanut shaped snacks):

Planters - P.B. Crisps | Retro Junk Commercial

Little Debbie German Chocolate Cookie Rings

Razzle Dazzle Rice Krispies (added sugar was NOT needed to enjoy these!) Heads will roll if they stop making Cocoa Krispies!

Dunkaroos (at least not in a grocery store that I've seen)

Hi-C Ecto Cooler (Yes, I am an 80's kid if it isn't already obvious)

Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
You know I can't think of a thing. I know there was a cold cereal and it was Kellogg's no less, that our daughter loved. It was never really easy to find, but it is not available now at all. I am sure there are a few other things, but my brain isn't working right now. I do know there are a few things that are hard to find, but still available.
Oh, there is a candy bar, and none of you are old enough to remember it: We used to get after the second war, it was called UNO. the biggest problem it was a dime and most of the candy bars we got for only a nickel. When yo only have a quarter for the movies and it cost 11 cents to bet in, you have to be careful what you buy with the rest of your money.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:10 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliern View Post
Uncle Ben's Lemon Rice. The rice I remember wasn't 90 seconds though. It came in a pouch and you cooked it in a pot on the stove. Best rice ever. I used to buy it whenever I was on vacation and came across it in a different state after they discontinued it in my area. I still look for it to this day.
That rice was SOOOOO good. They had a garlic butter one that was quite tasty too. I hate they discontinued them.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Delaware Punch.

i can't make my favorite birthday meal anymore. oscar mayer hot dogs, pop corn, and Delaware punch.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Malomars, Sprinkle Cookies, and Bosco
I can still buy bosco on LI where I live.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Some things are not discontinued, but impossible to find at the store. I love country style dijon mustard, it is available on Amazon, if I buy six jars, and pay hefty shipping. Not sure why the store no longer stocks it.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
I can get country style dijon mustard at HyVee. Just bought some last week.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM

454 posts, read 793,755 times
Butter Brickle Candy Bars!! (much like a Heath bar)...

Remer's Blend!!! a lemony concentrate you added water to... delicious and more tangy than lemonade!

enjoyed these while residing in Pennsylvania, have not seen them in California since moving here

Old 07-15-2013, 06:21 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Real buttermilk or even real milk. Replaced by watery slop.

Good quality butter. Replaced by grainy butter from poor quality cream and "I can't believe its not butter" (i can.). Typical butter like Land O lakes and such is fine for baking, but its almost criminal to make a sauce or serve it with bread.

Beef bones specifically neck bones. Replaced by nothing, they are just gone.

Real bacon. Replaced by thin slices of fat labeled "Bacon" or god forbid, "Turkey Bacon"

A real butcher (dunno if this is really a product, but getting custom cuts is). Replaced by prepackaged cuts of beef injected with dye and sealed in CO.

Fresh chicken. Replaced by frozen chicken dunked in a manure and chlorine brine and sold as "water added". The slope that runs out of these when baked is something everyone should see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink