Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I don't like eating veal...
Me either...it was just a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 04:20 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I like veal and Cheez Whiz on my Triscuits.
Is that before or after your cigarette?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:41 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,475 times
Rosemary and Olive oil, Garlic, Cracked Pepper, Roasted tomato, Cheese.....
My roommate and I never leave the grocery store without these tasty little treats. I eat them with cheese and my roommate likes them with salsa..... It's my "chocolate", if you ask me..... I'm in love with a triscuit, I think!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
I had raw cucumbers and tomato in a salad last night. And some wheat bread. Trying to eat better, and also like to stay out of the middle aisles! Will try to stick with the Mediterranean type diet for better health. I think small amounts of meat are allowed there. But no veal for me either, please!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,475 times
Tomatoes and cucumbers are so good!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Wow, I had to put my cigarette out to respond to this. I've never seen the bad list Actually, Triscuits have no trans fats.
I'm on 24 hr lock down from giving you a "+" for this post - now I know why I love ya HIF! If you're ever in So Cal let's go get a drink - first one is on me!

FWIW, 2 different nutritionists recommended that I eat triscuits with either cheese or peanut butter for snacks on a daily basis (I have to eat 5-6 meals a day) so whatever evil lurks in a triscuit my doctors don't seem to think it will cause me to grow a third arm. Although, I have often wished that I did have a third arm, especially when I was holding something heavy with both hands and got an itch on my face or scalp....

Old 10-16-2007, 06:45 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
You can make cucumbers with tomatoes a middle eastern type dish with plain yogurt, lemon juice and cumin. Also can put some mint or parsley in with it, SOOO refreshing!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
I too love the Rosemary and Olive Oil triscuits. Try them with this easy "krab" dip:

1 package light cream cheese, softened
1 package of fake krab meat - I like the chunk style and shred it (or you can use real crab)
3 or 4 scallions, sliced thinly
tablespoon or so of lemon juice

Mix all of the above in a pie plate and spread.

Top with cocktail sauce, if desired (do it!!) and garnish with sliced scallions

Eat it all up with TRISCUITS!! YUM, yum, yum!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:54 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
Default Make room for the artichoke dip

Crab dip on the left, hot artichoke dip on the right:

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese and green chilies. Mix well and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chopped green onions and chopped tomato if desired.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
You spoiled it for us, Emily!!! We were sitting here just enjoying a box of triscuits, so salty and yummy, and you ruined it for us..whaaaa! What's wrong with genetically modified ingredients? Tastes good.
Check out this website for the dangers of genetically engineered ingredients. The bottom line is the ill effects of eating the food does not end with you consuming it and digesting what can be digested of the non-real-food. What happens is the engineered ingredients go to work in your body as if they set up little manufacturing plants and wreak havoc with your health on an ongoing basis.

It is far worse than eating foods sprayed with pesticides or preserved with chemicals. The worst thing is that considering how dangerous it is, the FDA doesn't require the food industry to label foods with GM ingredients in them. So you think when you pick up a jar of pasta sauce, the ingredient label is giving you full disclosure....NOT SO! This could NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

It is time we DEMAND FULL DISCLOSURE of any and all questionable ingredients that are not 100% unadulterated natural organic ingredients. That would mean listing every dairy product that comes from cows treated with rBGH as well.
www.seedsofdeception.com
www.truefoodnow.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink