Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM

1,671 posts, read 2,025,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Does this make me a bad person? One time a year I ask my wife to buy the "cheap" can of jellied cranberry sauce. You know the one that when you open it and plop it out it still has the shape of the can? It's a guilty pleasure I know, but the "real stuff" just doesn't appeal to me.
Personally I like homemade sauce. Does this make you a bad person? Heck no! We all have our secrets--I love poptarts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Do you hide in the closet when you eat it? Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce is awesome! I slice it and lay it out in an au gratin dish. Everybody gets can marks on their slice. Just thinking about it makes me want to put on chest waders and walk out into a bog.
Funny, no I am "out" about my addiction. So what happened is that my Wife bought the wrong kind, the whole berry stuff, well I wasn't about to lower myself and eat that. I was in a "healthy" supermarket and bought a can of jellied, organic stuff at the last minute. Basically, it was "ok" but I felt as if I was settling. I am going to a regular grocery store today and my a few cans of the Ocean Spray today for my leftovers. I may buy a few extra just to keep on hand for emergencies.

Next thing you will see me on an episode of "Doomsday Preppers" you will know it's me because you will see my bunker filled with cans of jellied cranberry sauce, Ocean Spray!

Old 11-23-2012, 12:48 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,483 times
Well I hope you all enjoyed your Ocean Spray cranberry sauce. We had turkey dinner out and they had that whole berry organic stuff. Yuck....I gave it to my Husband. I am cooking for Christmas and canned jellied Ocean Spray will be nicely sliced and on the table....

I had to share this....
Attached Thumbnails
I LOVE Jellied Cranberry Sauce!-178896_3669851798782_208502694_n.jpeg  

Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
We have both. My husband likes the jelly out of the can with the marks still on it. I make the whole berry kind following the directions on the bag of cranberries. I love the whole berry kind the next morning on toast.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,249 times
I grew up with the canned stuff...I like it! My Mom would "plop" it onto a little glass dish, cut it in half (lengthwise), then slice it. Yummmmm...

Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Ocean Spray Jellied is the favorite hands down. I serve it vertically, holding its can shape. It is what it is. No sense trying to dress it up or camouflage it. I've tried all kinds of homemade recipes using fresh cranberries and don't like any of them. I do use canned whole berries for one recipe which is a cranberry glaze with onion soup mix for roasts. I buy several cans of the jellied stuff at this time of year when it's on sale and we eat it throughout the year.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 PM

639 posts, read 1,963,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
I like it, too, but I only eat a few tablespoons. Next day a little w/ leftovers and then that's it. I never see a teeny, tiny jar for people like me.
Krogers sells a mini-can of jellied cranberry sauce. It's great, because I love to eat it year round but can't convince anyone else to eat it with me outside of Thanksgiving.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM

6,802 posts, read 9,350,606 times
I love it, too! Much better than 'the real thing', in my opinion.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
I like the Ocean Spray jellied too. That is what I was raised on. I eat it all year long with roasted chicken and it's the only way to go with turkey and dressing. I've never tried it on a sandwich ... guess I will have to give that a try.

My daughter-in-law makes the fancy stuff but I take my can of Ocean Spray Jellied with me. She thinks I am strange anyway ... carrying a can of Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce in my purse.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I like the Ocean Spray jellied too. That is what I was raised on. I eat it all year long with roasted chicken and it's the only way to go with turkey and dressing. I've never tried it on a sandwich ... guess I will have to give that a try.

My daughter-in-law makes the fancy stuff but I take my can of Ocean Spray Jellied with me. She thinks I am strange anyway ... carrying a can of Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce in my purse.
That is strange and rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink