U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,155 posts, read 8,321,547 times

Advertisements

I can't stand chewy candy....Now & Laters, caramels, if it sticks to my teeth, I don't like it. Which really sucks because I really enjoy the flavor of candy apples....then I get a piece stuck to my teeth and ARGH.

My favorite candy - although, I usually don't eat candy any more - would be those sugar stick things you dip in the powder.

Fun Dip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 PM

3,727 posts, read 3,104,830 times
I don't particularly like Twizzlers or Licorice. I really like green apple Jolly Ranchers and Tootsie Roll Pops. My favorite candy bars are Baby Ruth, Butterfinger, Twix, and Almond Joy.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 PM

1,662 posts, read 965,250 times
I can't stand licorice or Twizzlers or Tootsie Rolls. YUCK!
Or Candy that tastes more like chemical than actual candy (which is quite a few nowadays!)
My favorite candy is Lindt Lindor Truffles and Russell Stover Mint Dream Bars.
Cadberry's Fruit and Nut bar isn't bad. And I like those peanut butter cups that Trader Joe's has
(way better than Reese's imo).

Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM

4,019 posts, read 5,041,319 times
I'm not a huge candy person, so there's probably more I don't like than I do. I don't like any candy with peanut butter in it. Reese's make me gag. I like chocolate and I like peanut butter, just not together. I don't like licorice or Twizzlers. I really don't care for any candy bars that have caramel in them either. I like plain caramels, you know, the little square ones made by Brachs or Kraft, but I don't like it in candy bars. I hate Snickers, Mars, Twix, Baby Ruth, Butterfingers, Milky Ways, all those kinds of candy bars.
I love good chocolate, plain or with nuts, especially almonds. I love those little Dove Promises, either the milk or the dark chocolate. I like 3 Musketeers, KitKats and M&M's, but only the plain ones. And I absolutely love Starbursts. If they are in the house, I will eat them.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM

4,008 posts, read 2,645,349 times
Reeces PB cups are not freely available here, they tend to be either in the specialty shops and expensive as hell, or in the cheap as chips shops where they are a reasonable price but they hardly ever have them.

You can't just go to an ordinary shop and buy them because they are imports.

I love those things. Really love them. OMG...I would almost move to America just to be able to buy them.

I tried one of those hersheys kisses and it was disgusting.

I don't know any other candy, but any Kiwis reading this will know Perky Nanas...they make me feel like a kid again.

Again, you can't get em in Australia. Or snifters.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM

11,294 posts, read 17,099,245 times
Werther's Originals are pretty good. So are "Unreal" peanutbutter cups. Much better than Reece's IMO. I don't eat candy often but when I do, my tastes run from mundane to magickal. On the mundane side - Raisinettes, chocolate-dipped English toffee (Heath or other), Whoppers, Butterfingers, the aforementioned Werther's and Unreals.

On the more gourmet side, I like chocolate-covered Ripples potato chips, Chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks, brandy and rum cordials, and my #1 gourmet itch was always for Schmidt truffles, which ceased production in 2009, just a few years after Hershey bought them out. I haven't found a suitable replacement yet, but I keep trying

Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM

981 posts, read 528,470 times
Good N' Plenty, Necco wafers, and those spiced gumdrops taste terrible to me. And, though it's not really a candy, Sen-Sen, I guess because I heard Billy Joel sing about it when I was a kid and I wanted to try it. Gahhh - what IS that?!

On the other hand, I LOVE Bit O' Honey, Mary Janes, and Goldenberg's Peanut Chews.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM

4,005 posts, read 3,436,808 times
In stores here we have limited edition one pound Reese's Cups.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM

9,474 posts, read 11,783,052 times
Candy corn is about the worst.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 PM

4,019 posts, read 5,041,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Candy corn is about the worst.
Oh, I forgot all about that stuff. Gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink