Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

First off, if you drink Starbucks coffee you are not allowed to complain about the price of coffee at the supermarket. Secondly, this video is just too funny.

New $7 Cup of Coffee at Starbucks - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 06:11 PM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
First off, if you drink Starbucks coffee you are not allowed to complain about the price of coffee at the supermarket. Secondly, this video is just too funny.

New $7 Cup of Coffee at Starbucks - YouTube
Well I'll be rushing right out to buy a cup of that - NOT.

Out of the mouths of bikers....(or at least the guy in the video could sure pass for a biker)

Last edited by springfieldva; 11-30-2012 at 07:11 PM..

Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM

890 posts, read 2,279,763 times
I will stick with my grande doubleshot and get 4 shots of espresso for under $4... A cup of coffee for $7...ridiculous.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
We drink a local coffee called Community Coffee. It's a Louisiana brand that comes in three different roast, decaf, and other flavors. Most around here get the dark roast. Another popular local brand is Mello Joy. It's a smooth full body coffee. Lets just say that when we travel out of state, we bring this coffee with us because the out if state coffee in hotels taste like a weak dark tea.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Hell you can't complain about the economy if you drink Starbucks regularly.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
We drink a local coffee called Community Coffee. It's a Louisiana brand that comes in three different roast, decaf, and other flavors. Most around here get the dark roast. Another popular local brand is Mello Joy. It's a smooth full body coffee. Lets just say that when we travel out of state, we bring this coffee with us because the out if state coffee in hotels taste like a weak dark tea.
I've never tried Community Coffee, but I've seen it in the grocery store here. My son, who was in school in Texas until recently, loves it. That's all he would buy. I didn't realize it wasn't available everywhere. I don't know if he can get it now that he's in Atlanta. Maybe I need to send him a care package. I'll have to give it a try.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
People are gullible. Kudos to the biker guy.

Haven't had the Starbucks Gesha from Costa Rica. I have had Gesha from Panama (Esmeralda) couple of years ago and it was very different and distinct from any other cup of coffee. But still not as lush and tasty as a good Kenyan medium roast.

As far as Community coffee or any other brand you can pick up in a supermarket - if you're palate is calibrated to stale dark roasts and enjoy it, run with it and enjoy yourself. Some people do like much better coffee, however. It's not all the same. Not even close.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe Starbuck's will try this other "specialty" coffee next....

Old 11-30-2012, 10:40 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
^^^ Apparently it's delicious:
The ground coffee had a strong but pleasant odor, nothing cat-like at all. We all decided to try it black at first to experience the authentic flavor of the coffee unmodified by cream or sugar even though we all like our coffee sweet and creamy. The first thing I noticed was the smoothness of the coffee, devoid of bitterness or acidity. There were chocolaty undertones that mixed with a sweet earthiness. After a few blissful sips of the unadulterated brew, we broke out the sugar and cream. Heaven opened and angels wept. The addition of those elements transformed the coffee into an indescribable sweet smoothness that lingered on the tongue. Without a doubt, the best cup of coffee ever.
The beans are available to coffee lovers and connoisseurs willing to foot the $50 a cup price tag.

kopi luwak coffee starbucks: Kopi Luwak world’s most expensive coffee

Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Well, that link is to a link farm blog with the sole purpose of getting traffic for kopi luwak. Which, by the way, is awful. But, people keep buying the hype of wild civets only selecting the ripest coffee cherries to his the ground even though the "industry" now uses caged civet cats who are force fed the cheapest cherries available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink