U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:50 PM

12,448 posts, read 10,205,629 times

Advertisements

Canned mushroom soup - yummmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 10:56 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,424,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
We often have "Beanie Wienie" at least a couple times a month. A can of Bush beans doctored with onions, celery, Cajun power sauce, mustard and a few other spices with some kielbasa or andouille sausage.

If I do not prepare it, my wife will start asking for it.

That's high-end Beanie Wienie. The stuff of my childhood was pork & beans with wienie pieces right in the can...trust me, it was nasty.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:36 PM

13,736 posts, read 22,933,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
That's high-end Beanie Wienie. The stuff of my childhood was pork & beans with wienie pieces right in the can...trust me, it was nasty.

Of course it is high end "Beanie Weenie". (What an oxymoron!)

I came from a family who could not afford all that fancy canned food. (g) I would have missed all of it had I not joined the Boy Scouts where I had the ONLY patrol leader who could not cook and made us eat all that canned stuff.

I must confess that even though I have navy beans in the pantry and salt pork in the refrigerator, I will still buy baked beans in the can. And i generally only use the Bush bakes beans when we have company. I generally use the Winco Foods $0.45 per can for everyday use. (g)

Old 10-26-2016, 12:08 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,424,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Of course it is high end "Beanie Weenie". (What an oxymoron!)

Ya think?

Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,792,005 times
If I am alone and lazy a can of tuna (drained) in a microwavable dish with some hunks of extra sharp cheddar works well for me.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:36 PM

21,077 posts, read 26,007,563 times
We don't keep a lot of canned food, but this is canned stuff that I do feed to my family that is fast.

Open a can of chili, dot it onto a cookie sheet covered in tortilla chips. Sprinkle with cheddar or jack cheese, bake until the cheese us toasted and serve with some sour cream and salsa and that is fast and easy nachos.

Tuna salad sandwich made with canned tuna, jar pickles, green onions, and a hard cooked egg. Spread on sour dough bread.

Keep some bagels in the freezer. Split them, place on a baking sheet, spread with jar speghetti sauce a couple of pizza toppings and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake to toast the cheese. These are really good mini pizzas.

What we usually use at my house, though, is I have a freezer loaded with home made heat and eat meals. Fast and sure beats canned food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink